HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Jobs and being pregnant?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Jobs and being pregnant? Reply with quote

Just curious, I have always been a SAHM, but just 3 years ago when my kids were in Christian school I went back to work part-time M-F but now that I home-school them, I switched to working just a few nights a week. I enjoy working, but it is not the type of job I COULD do WHILE I was pregnant and having morning sickness too. (I work in a department store that heavy lifting and being on my feet the whole time is the job description)

So I guess what I am asking is this:

How many of you would choose being pregnant and having kids OVER a job if you KNEW you couldn't do your job AND be pregnant?

Now understand this is not a debate between being a SAHM or working moms...so don't get that confused with what I am asking.

I am in a place right now...where I enjoy working...but know with MY Health and age, etc..I couldn't continue to work AND be pregnant, nor would I really want too. I struggle with the idea of giving up my small paycheck and freedom, something I didn't have for 15 years when I DID go back to work. I like having my job yet I know that soon I will no longer be able to have kids, I'm 37!

I ask this question not because I wouldn't want to stop working...but from an emotional standpoint...it's hard to just think...no more job. I know I could go back someday..but again with my health..it would be years before I was able to do that. My postpartum period is very bad!

So what would you do? And how would you come to ACCEPT that it was the right thing to do?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: