HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Arggh!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:07 am    Post subject: Arggh!! Reply with quote

I can't believe it. A man (who does not have any children of his own) said to my DH today at work when he heard we have three kids...."you do know how that happens, right?" argghhh!! makes me so mad how rude people can be. Don't they think for a second that we actually WANTED our children and were thrilled to have been blessed with 3? I guess it's b/c all our kids are young, but I meet so many older people who have a siblings close to their age, and I think...this really isn't uncommon, people!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The goober probably REALLY thought he was being funny.
A good answer to that is, "Of course a stork brings them, right?" or "Actually, I was just wondering that...could you tell me?"

I only have 2, but I get the "Wow, you sure have your hands full" comments (they are very active kiddos!) and I just smile now and say, "Yep! Just the way I like it!"
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your dh should have said "Heck yeah...obviously we're really good at it!"

;)
melicovas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tell people "well, now you know what we do with our free time" But yes the idiots annoy me as well
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the laughs...I passed your suggestions onto DH and he smiled. He corrected me...people say, "you know what CAUSES that, don't you?" as if it's an infection or something....he thinks he gets it b/c our kids are so close in age. oh, well....
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People can be so lame at times...I mean HOW is it their business how many kids any of us have...I have gotten that with just 2 kids, the comments. My BIL actually told me, "well you can't have more because you need over a million dollars to raise just ONE child and I know you are not a millionaire" I mean....what they heck, Did I even ask YOUR opinion or want your blessing to have another child cause last time I checked THANK GOD YOU are NOT MY husband! (smile) I swear some people are crazy. I know how expensive it is to raise kids...I mean geez. But still....many people have more then 1-2 kids and live on a very basic budget. Afterall, how many of our ancestors had large families and were able to do it? While I want my kids to have enough and they do....having more family and siblings for them will only be a gift to them in the future and for us. I'd like to yell at some of these people! I mean what idiots!

The next person who says something to me I am just going to say with a sly smile....jealous, huh? And walk away laughing! Cause half of the people who make these comments ARE jealous, while they would never admit it!!! LOL
thinkingof3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sarcastic so I'd make some wiseass remark for sure!!!

When people say "you have your hands full" I love the response "but my heart is even fuller"
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="thinkingof3"]I am so sarcastic so I'd make some wiseass remark for sure!!!

When people say "you have your hands full" I love the response "but my heart is even fuller"[/quote]

LOL..that is funny. I don't know why this particular one annoys me so much. I was actually trying to explain it to DH last weekend b/c someone said it to us when we were at the store. I think it's kinda b/c it's an obvious statement, and I don't know what I'm supposed to say. Am I just supposed to smile and chuckle as if they are the only person on the planet who's made that observation? Maybe it's that I feel pointed out or something. I imagine people with twins must feel that way too b/c everyone wants to comment on the fact that they have twins and thinks they are the only ones or something.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: