HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am slowly going crazy....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaime28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: I am slowly going crazy.... Reply with quote

LOL! Not really but close.

As many of you may know, DH had the Big V in June and then we went on to having unprotected sex in this fuzzy, grey area called the Danger Zone. We are moving forward with the attitude of what will be, will be - and are both okay with either outcome. I promised not to TTC, be part of the 2ww or count days or anything....YET, here I am symptom spotting like mad, and basically acting like a loon (all to myself of course, LOL) The unknown is the killer part, isn't it?

Today, I did a little research and did some counting...the BD was done on Days 8, 11, 13 and 18. I am 6dpo and for the last 2 days, I have been having some very noticable cramps. Nothing painful, but there, low abdominal ones, stretching to my back, a dull hot ache iykwim...Almost as if I should be starting AF? But af is not due 'till next week.

Now with 3 lo's you'd think I know my body, I clearly don't. It tends to play tricks on me when I least suspect it, and while I know cramps can be an early sign (I always had them with the other pregnancies, I only got them right before/after the bfp) I am very skeptical. Is it possible? There are so many variables here, my previous history and being sick, the vasectomy itself, the timing of the BD, and most of all....its really TOO early to feel symptoms rights??

PS - I also have MAJOR heartburn (again, a huge indicator for me, but always after the BFP)

Tell me I am NUTS
2purpleflowers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, you're nuts!

(But maybe you're not!)

What will be, will be. I am very curious to read your updates, though!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, you're nuts...but so are the rest of us on here! I mean, the fact that we can easily read your post and understand what BD on 8, 11, etc. actually means...just reinforces that you're asking a bunch of women who are also a bit loony! (But in a good way! LOL) :lol:

Could you be pregnant? Yup. Are you pregnant? Who knows!? Not till at least next week when youare closer to AF and buy a stockpile of FRERs and start testing at least 2x a day, while trying to hold your pee for at least 4 hours or go for a FMU, but then get too caught up in anticipation and do it anyway, while holding the stick at crazy angles to catch the light...could that MAYBE be a +?? and spend a small fortune on little sticks to pee on. (But I've NEVER done anything like that! :wink: )

I think we'll all be eagerly following your posts though!
Seriously though, I've had months where I was 99.9% SURE I was prego, and it turned out to be nothing and AF arrived eventually. At the same time, when I was preg with DS, I was having symptoms of smells and cramping before I even got a + (And you bet your butt I was testing early!) So, you just never know.

NOW STOP COUNTING! LOL (I bet you already have a due date figured out, don't you?????)
Good luck either way!

Last edited by mommy2-2 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:50 am; edited 1 time in total
2blue1pink

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought every month for the past 13 cycles that I was pregnant. I've found some symptom to interpret as early pregnancy signs.
Last month, I had HORRIBLE AF cramps for over a week. They finally stopped when AF came.

It's impossible not to symptom spot or become obsessed. I'm 7dpo today and loosing my mind as well.
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually I'm not sure what all the abbreviations mean? BD? dpo? the only one I know is "AF" ....anyways, I'm unschooled in those terms. The signs are so confusing and can be so similar to premenstrual ones. For me the telltale signs have always been extreme fatigue, lower backache and sensitive breasts. Those don't seem to come with AF for me. With DS3, I knew pretty much a week after conception...with DS2, I was oblivious until nausea hit at 5 weeks just b/c we weren't trying at all and it was a total surprise..anyways, no you're not nuts! I just hope all the thinking about it doesn't do a number on you :)
jaime28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, You ladies are the best...I love that I can easily pour my guts out to strangers and not be judged (well not to my face anyways) LOL!!!
I was giggling reading your responses and I promise to keep you updated if anything changes.

My gut instinct is BFN. I base this 99% on the fact that for so long after #3 I was ill and my af was so just damn wonky. Short cycles, long cycles, non existent cycles....I have only been "normal" (under 30 days) for the last 2-3 months and I feel like a Day 13 bd would have been aces before but now?? Well my unpredictable ov'ing and coupled with the fact that we're working with vasectomy swimmers and I am just thinking it wont' happen.

I am still crampy this morning (3 days now) have a touch of heart burn and some really bad skin - If I had sore boobs, I'd be a little more concerned, but all the other signs just point to AF.

Now I just have to get between now and then.....
melicovas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, I'm impressed at the level of action you and the husband have! and I bet you're pregs too! I JUSt posted a thing on having #4 post vasectomy..funny.
jaime28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melicovas - I just read your post, I am blown away that you are having the reversal!! You will definitely HAVE to keep us posted.

DH would be thrilled to hear that others think our level of "action" is high, LOL. We go through some definite droughts, but when the home life is calm (ie. not this week as he just got a new job, new car, had DS's bday, and found out my dad needs open heart surgery) we really try to make the effort. This month overall, yeah probably a bit more then normal, making up for lost time after the V (had a few complications afterwards)....and I am not sure if there is a draw knowing that we're playing with fire? I mean, really?? What are the chances? Slim to none, but there is a bit of excitement knowing it could happen, LOL.

Sigh...wish I had a crystal ball either way ;-)
melicovas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL.. I cant tell you how pathetic I have been over the past 3 years.. PRAYING the V would fail... then I'd SWEAR I was having preg symtoms and go but tests.. then of course, almost like clockwork, AF would arrive..

It's actually embarrassing to think about how pitiful I was (am..?) I'm too tired to DTD during the week but I bet once he is released from his VR I will suddenly be rarin' to go daily.
jaime28

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if not for anything else, its nice to know I am not alone. There is nobody (BFF included) that knows we playing with fire right now. I cant be bothered trying to explain our feelings and thought process behind it all.
I think all the ladies on here on super great, and just knowing there are others in the same boat, just makes me feel so much better ;-)
melicovas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly.. i have told NO ONE abt the VR. Just dont want the questions and annoying remarks. I am really amazed that I remember a lot of the screen names from 3 yrs ago on this same site.
RockyMtnMom

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear from you both, jaime28 and melicovas...I'm pulling for both of you to have #4 and then report back how it is! I'm pretty sure that if we got the V we would regret it, so we're holding off for now; however, DH and I are both 40, so we should be winding things down in the baby-making department. Wish I had the extra time you ladies have! It's tough because I don't "FEEL" 40...whatever that feels like. I always thought I'd feel "OLD" at 40, but I really don't feel much different (on most days;) than I did at 30. Eggs are still gettin' older though, so that's kinda scary.

Anyway, good luck to you both! Keep us posted!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: