HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BF(alse)P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jaime28

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: BF(alse)P Reply with quote

Ladies, Most of you know my history...Have a read and let me know what you think please!

AF is due anytime between Sunday Tuesday, and yesterday I got the pharmacy cheapish no name brand 2 pack. Thought what the hell as I wanted some in the house for early next week. Who am I kidding?!?! I am insane, instantly rushed home and poas at 430 in the afternoon.

Within the 2 minute (appropriate window) a very faint line appeared, no ifs, ands or buts (right spot, colour and thickness, just really faint) I was testing at least 4-6days early so I thought it would be best to use the fmu because the accuracy would be better....I went to bed thinking, I'd wait another day and test at the weekend. Anyways, again, being the insane person I am, I totally tested again today...I peed at least 3 times in the night, a Big one at 5am (sorry TMI, LOL) and then tested with the 630am smallish pee - a BFN, white, stark not even a tinge of a line.

I immediately looked for the old test I had done the evening before (previous bfp's always lasted, and bfn always disappeared or turned to grey evap/ghost lines for me) The + was still there, and at first glance still a bfp but the characteristics had changed. The line had become a single dark line, like as if the thickness shrank and then only the outside border remained? Like a line drawn with a pen, totally visible, in colour, right spot but thin.....ARGH. I am so dumb...Everything came flooding back to me, all the women on here saying to throw out the BLUE dye tests....damn these blue dyes. I thought it was only Clear Blue, but obviously not.

Sore boobs and mild cramps aside (for me that could both mean either pregnancy OR AF!) I am definitely going with a BFN (and a false positive) because surely I couldn't get one +, followed by a - and still possibly be preggers right?

Also is it true that my 630am pee wouldn't have been strong enough anyways because I had just gone at 5am?
melicovas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is SO annoying! go get a pink test!
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be that you don't yet have enough pregnancy hormone to get a + if you did go during the night....OR you were pregnant and then it didn't work. I had BOTH scenarios happen to me. Honestly, I KNOW I have been pregnant more often, but it didn't stick. I on the other hand have NEVER had a false positive.....and I only use the cheapest tests..Good luck!
melicovas

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The blue tests do give the evap lines.. which sucks . BUT if you already got a true positive, then I totally agree.. rare to get a false positive.
2blue1pink

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be an evap line.
melina0995

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you can get a false positive only a false negative. Either you have the hormone that sets off the test or you don't. With my first 2 I tested 5 days early and saw the faint line. However, that was after holding it all night and then using the first pee of the morning which would then be the most potent. Yours clearly wouldn't be potent if it was only an hour and a half old. Plus, unless you have the bladder the size of a kidney bean, there is no reason you should be going 3 times in the night unless you are pregnant. So let me be the first to day Congratulations. I am sure will get many more in another 4 days when the line is super dark.
jaime28

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the nice replies!!! I am certainly not convinced as of yet and actually stopped and got 4 dollar store tests (red dye and the last 4 in the store, LOL)
We are at the lake this weekend and I left them at home. So I will test on Sun or Mon. I got quite obsessive about it and it was not doing me any good. Bc of the poor feedback on the blue tests, I really taking the + w/skeptisism.
I laughed at Melina's post, I guess when you look at it like that I do pee a lot :-) Symptoms are realy sore boobs and period like cramps.....very AF like (cramps) but also points to pregnancy.
Only time will tell!! Will keep u posted. Stay tuned.

BTW I did a search - this time 2 years ago, I was going to thru' the exact same thing!!!!! Only I tesed on Agust 28 and my lmp was July 31 ...and it was only then w/ afaont line!!! This time lmp was Aug 1 2 or 3......so I guess still early. Funny to think, almost 2 years to the day I was doing the same thing. Thanks for listening!!!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't wait to hear the news after the weekend...hope it's what you're wishing for! I hate to say that I did get a false pos. very light blue line one. I too HATE those. It was during a time I did not want to be pregnant again (DS was only 3 months old) and I cried and fretted, then got a FRER and ahhh...neg. I don't even know why they make those blue ones anymore! Good luck!
jaime28

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ladies!
So DH got called into work, we left the lake early and I have already tested twice. Yes, I know I totally have a problem...Its hard when they are just sitting here!!
BFN x 2
I guess the blue faint + was a faulty test (kept the test btw, line still there go figure!!) AF is officially due today, tomorrow or Tuesday, so I can safely assume that if there was any kind of HCG in my system at this point, it would surely show up on todays tests.
I still have sore boobs, horrible skin (breakout on chin could rivel a 16 year old boys!) and cramps. All of which I have had 3x's with early pregnancy, so I am still left sort of wondering, but also know how one's body can mimick those symptoms so easily and have af just around the corner.
I am offically making the call...BFN. Will keep you posted just in case something changes...I appreciate all of you following me on this wild and crazy ride. I have said since the day of the BIG V, what is meant to be will be and I still feel that way so, I am okay!!! Everything happens (or doesnt happen) for a reason. Thanks again ladies, you are all amazing!
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the update....Everything does happen for a reason...good way to think about it....I sooo agree...trying to tell myself that everyday. Keep us posted how things are going....:)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: