HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I have an owie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:01 pm    Post subject: I have an owie Reply with quote

Off topic ladies, but I thought you'd understand.
We just dropped my husband off at the airport for the final few months of his tour in Afghanistan. I am used to goodbyes. They suck, but I've had to say them to my husband, my friends, my parents, so many times in the past several years, that I shed a tear and move on.
Today was the first time that I felt my breath taken away and my heart physically hurt. I had to watch my kids as their hearts shattered in a million pieces as they watched their Daddy walk away, knowing that it would be a long time before they saw him again. In the past they were too young to understand or didn't really "get" the fact that he wasn't coming home later that day. This time, my 4 year old daughter...you could just see the pain and hurt in her eyes and she tried to be strong, but after tears were shed, she became silent and sad. Our 1 1/2 year old little boy finally "got to know" his Daddy and hates goodbyes by anyone (even the pediatrician at the end of an appointment!), and you could see his confusion and frustration and hurt as he called "Dada! Dada..."and cried. I don't know how I made this drive home. The kids sat in their seats, quiet and sad and I tried to stifle my own tears. I hope and pray this is the last deployment this family will have to endure. If you are a praying person, please say some prayers for our family and all the military families that are separated from the ones they love. Please pray for us that my husband will return safely this Fall. Thanks so much. I am so grateful to have you all to share this with. (In real life, we're supposed to have a strong backbone, a "stiff upper lip" and drive on!)
Pepper100

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big hugs for you and your family. I don't have any experience with what you are going through so can only imagine.

I pray that your hubby comes home safe and sound.
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry. That must be harder than I can imagine. How brave you all are. I will definitely be praying for you.
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my, your post makes my heart hurt. Thank you so much for your sacrifice and your husband's service. I will say a prayer for you.
RockyMtnMom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wish we could all give you a big group hug! Thank you all again and hang in there. I will continue to say prayers for his safety and strength for you all to endure the rest of his deployment. Hopefully this will be the last one!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone, for your support. Actually, I really do feel like I got a "big group hug" from you all. It really helps me to know that we (he) has people praying for us and for his safe homecoming.
Thanks again!
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sending hugs and prayers your way! Hoping your DH comes home fast and that finally you can have your whole family together again. God Bless!
melicovas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... gosh I hope this is the last time you guys have to go through that andd that he comes home safe and sound! Seeing your kids hurt is the worst thing on the planet. Reading it makes me hurt for them and you. :(
proudmum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while, so my answer is probably a bit too late but hope it helps.

Oh sweetie, my heart rips apart for you. I have been there, although I only had one child at the time but when your child hurts it rips your heart out. Whilst you may feel you need to be tough, you also need to be human. You need to tell your kids that it is ok to be sad and that you miss Daddy too. I think you can pretend everything is ok, but kids aren't silly and need to know that what they are feeling is normal and acceptable.

I know its hard being the happy fairy on the outside when inside you just want to go to bed and cry. Its exhausting trying to carry everyone and pretend everything is fine and you're fine. You are incredible and doing a fantastic job, its a bloody hard job and at times it sucks. Be proud of yourself but forgive yourself during your weak moments, the kids need to see those too.

I have been thinking of you and the last time I checked he was home for holidays and I left you alone. Love to you and your family. I hope the remaining time absolutely flies by for you. It's the big countdown now, you are a normal woman doing a super job, be proud of yourself as I am sure your dh is very proud of you too. Look foward to counting down to the big day with you. I will keep you all in my prayers for a happy and safe return to your arms. We are here if you need us.
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again. I need all the support I can get right now...it's been a REALLY tough week. All I want is to have my husband home now. We have 2 months to go, so the countdown is indeed on!
In this last 1 week...earthquake, hurricane, several big leaks in the house, lost a large part of our tree, extended power outage (and believe me, playing "Campout" for more than a couple days with 2 little kids, flashlights and having to use a bucket for a potty since we have a well, while trying to attend to multiple leaks...GETS OLD FAST!) and then we went to a friend's house who did have power to shower and clean up and driving home, someone pulled out in front of me on a main road and I was in an accident...not sure yet if the car is totalled...should find out tomorrow. Luckily we were all ok. Just very sore. I feel like I'm on the ground and everytime I try to stand up, I get shoved back down. Needless to say, I am in survival mode and the thought of another child is the furthest thing fom my mind. Geez...I prayed that I could get it out of my mind...and I guess my prayer was answered...just in a REALLY wierd way...
Thanks everyone again for all your support! Look forward to counting down with you all =)
proudmum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my goodness you surely are being tested at present. I am so sorry you are having such a bad time at the moment. I am glad to hear you and the kids are ok, what a terrible thing to happen. You are down under 10 weeks to go now, that is exciting. I really do hope it goes fast and you can get back up after what this week has thrown at you. Hopefully all the bad stuff is over now and your soreness eases fast. Maybe thinking about a third wasn't so bad after all if that's what it takes to get you not thinking about it... :wink:

Take care of yourself and I hope you get through this unscathed. Keep us posted.

Cheers
Bethy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: