HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just found out BFP....need some reassurance!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Koagirl74

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:29 pm    Post subject: Just found out BFP....need some reassurance!!!! Reply with quote

Hi Ladies,

I have been on this site for years and check in daily to read all your posts. I can't believe now I will actually be part of the "3 kids club". I am still in shock, as is my husband. We were not trying it sort of just happened. I feel guilty because my reaction is different about this pregnancy then my other two. My first response was wanting to vomit and thinking what did we do??? My husband was less then thrilled when I first told him but seems to be coming around. We told the kids and my daughter who is 7 was beyond excited and my son who is 4 really didn't seem to care. I can't believe I am going to do this all over again and with being older, worrying that I am going to be exhausted ALL the time. I will be 37 when this baby is born. Never had to worry about AMA with the other two! I know in my heart this was meant to be because I have been thinking about it for so long, but I am STILL freaking out! I am looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you.
jacel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATULATIONS!

Now that that is said, I could have written your post 10+ months ago! Haha!

My initial reaction was balling my eyes out with the positive pregnancy test. We were not at all trying but had always talked about wanting 3 children. Now my third is 5 weeks old and I'm thankful for his blessing in our lives.

That doesn't mean there aren't increased worries and frustrations on our part; everything is more intense, the good and the bad. It's just more of it. I am 34 so I understand the age concern. My advice is to know that this is meant to be, be healthy and happy during your pregnancy and prepare as best you can.

Remember, God gives grace each day....don't worry if He'll give you grace enough for tomorrow (He will, of course but there's no need to worry about it today!)

Enjoy your growing family!
wyowyome

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes- Congrats!

I have an 8yr old ds and soon-to-be 6yr old ds. I am 30wks with #3.

We were ttc "for 6 mos", as we just couldn't make up our minds about having another or quitting while we were ahead... We decided to leave it up to faith and give it a 6 mos trial- giving up and moving on HAPPILY w/ our lives as a family of 4 if I didn't get pg.

Well- on the 5th month, BFP. Sure, we are happy about it, but I have to say I do feel a little like "what have I done!?" I've felt this way since the BFP, something I never experienced w/ my boys.

It took me months to "bond" w/ the lil one in my belly- at first her flutters were an annoyance to my morning-sickness ravaged system. At one early point, I was at a Dr. appt trying to find fetal heart tones and Dr. couldn't. I secretly thought, "oh, good- maybe there aren't any"....

I am slowly getting used to the idea. I am grateful she looks healthy on US. I am getting a nursery ready. I am trying to envoke excitement in my boys for her arrival. I am still having "what have I done" moments.

She will be here in the next 8-10 weeks, and I know my maternal instincts will kick in and adore her. I have decided any range of emotions are normal- and that it's ok for me to have hesitancy and anxiousness about this pg. I trust that it will all work out as it's supposed to.

Good luck to you! Feel whatever you feel. Be happy, sad, scared, etc. all at once- and don't feel guilty for any emotion that crops up.
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! As a mom of 8.5, 7, and 4 y.o. girls, I can say that having three is a joy. Yes, it can be crazy, but my heart is so full. I think it's normal to have doubts at first, but once that little bub is here I'm sure you won't want to give him or her back! :) Best wishes for a happy and healthy pregnancy and baby.
nata

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! My kids are exactly the same age as yours, the oldest just turned 8 last month...I am 36, so understand fully your concerns about AMA...Our third is now 6 weeks old. Its not easy, but I love it..The baby is such a blessing, a sweet little thing..The oldest is completely in love with her, the middle one (the 4 y.o.) indeed does not seem to care much :) You can do it. Don't worry too much..sometimes I think, it is ONLY three kids..not like 7 or smth :)
mtchen79

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! I don't have 3 yet (still pregnant with #3) so no words of wisdom or experience there but I definitely do have moments where I feel really overwhelmed about the upcoming change after finally falling into a manageable routine with our current 2. However, I am excited and glad we have made it this far but know the crazy moments are probably going to be crazier than anything we have dealt with before. As for all the work of juggling kids and the exhaustion, yes, I feel a little too old to be tackling all of it but it is not forever and I am excited to snuggle with a newborn regardless.
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's completely normal to have some anxious feelings and/or feelings of regret after any major decision or change has happened. I had those anxious feelings after every BFP test and other major events in life. I think it's normal. You realize now there's not turning back, and you don't have all the answers. But take one day at a time, and it will work out.
proudmum

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Koagirl74

We are the same age and I am 10 weeks, we can go through this together. I was shocked even though it was planned. Especially with all the morning sickness and not being able to do much with my 6 yr old I wonder if I did the right thing. However it is done now and I know it won't last forever and things will get better. I just hope this pregnancy goes fast.

Congratulations

Cheers
Bethy
Koagirl74

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your responses! It is so nice to know that others are able to relate. After a great relaxing summer, I went back to work (I'm a 4th grade teacher) yesterday and I am so exhausted. The beginning of the school year is always tiring and now being pregnant it's so much worse! I am slowly getting used to the idea of having another. My family and friends have been so supportive which really helps. No one has made any negative comments. My husband seems to be coming around as well.
RockyMtnMom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations!!! I remember seeing your name quite some time ago. Glad you stuck with the board and are now pregnant. I really don't think you'll regret it one bit. I agree, having a range of emotions is TOTALLY normal. Best of luck for a smooth pregnancy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: