HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10 weeks and counting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
proudmum

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: 10 weeks and counting Reply with quote

It seems like the time to confess my pregnancy.

After 2 years of contemplating yes/no, writing lists of pros and cons, conversations with dh, meltdowns over why I just can't answer a simple question, reading a ridiculous amount of 'research' on the internet pertaining to 3 kids....I am pregnant.

In the end it came down to the fact I am 37, will be 38 when I deliver. I think I will always regret not having a third, but I knew I would never regret having one. I decided we would try until I was 38 and then if it didn't happen I would give up (although I probably would have extended it). Anyhow, after 2 cycles I got a BFP. This has been a huge shock as it took me 6 cycles with both my ds and dd to conceive, the only one I conceived pretty much straight away I miscarried early with, hence why I have waited 10 weeks to share this with you all although, the wait has been killing me.

I have been in shock that I am actually pregnant having talked about it for so long, and the fact it happened so quickly (I am not complaining) and the worry of the first trimester.

I have had pretty bad m/s especially over the last few weeks but it seems to be easing up a little now, although I am still extremely exhausted and when I overdo it I start vomiting again, so I am forced to rest a lot. The housework is piling up as well as the washing, but I know I will get back to it soon. I am blessed to not be working but quite frankly I think I would have had to quit, there is no way I would be able to work, I barely make it to school pick up and drop off.

Anyway it looks like I have a few to countdown with, which will be nice. Once the baby gets here I will be fine (I hope), I am just not looking foward to the long pregnancy over summer and all the possible tests to come especially being advanced maternal age.

Happy and healthy 9 months to those that have conceived.

I am going to be a mum of 3....who'd have thought! The excitement is creeping in slowly.

Oh my ds will be 7 and my dd will be 3 when baby comes. My ds is excited but dd still doesn't quite understand, mum just has a baby in her belly, its not quite registering yet as I expected.
Wishingfor3

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Congratulations Reply with quote

Congratulations! It is wonderful to hear of someone in the same boat as I am. I look forward to comparing notes as we go along this journey. My DD will be 4.5 and my DS 2.5 when number 3 arrives. We haven't told them yet. I think we will wait until there is a visible bump. I am with you in that I am not looking forward too much to being pregnant over the hot summer - I have never been pregnant over summer before. It is so wonderful to have such a great support network here. Hope that your m/s improves soon.
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! How exciting!!!
melicovas

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great news! congrats!
mtchen79

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! So happy for you!
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! sorry to hear about your m/s. weeks 9/10 are supposed to be the worst so hopefully, you'll be feeling better soon. my DD was 3 when our 3rd was born, and toward the end when I was really showing she totally understood and was very excited. It was fun, and she is so sweet with the baby now.
jacel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is so great! And don't worry too much about your DD; she will come around more when you start to show. Congrats, momma.
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! So happy for you! (yes, I'm still lurking even though we're off the #3 wagon)
RockyMtnMom

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

proudmum- I'm so happy for you! I know you've been on the board for quite some time, so I'm sure it's a relief to move forward with your pregnancy! Hope everything is smooth sailing for you!!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just reread your post after giving you my congrats because I feel like I could have written the darn thing! LOL (All except for the BFP part)
Wishing you all the best and if it's ok...I think I'll live vicariously through you! (Dh doesn't seem to be flip-flopping much anymore...he's just staying "flopped" and I must admit, I'm a bit envious with all these BFPS!)
Congrats again and best of all to you!
nata

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, wonderful news! I hope you start feeling better soon!
Pepper100

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Proudmum,

CONGRATULATIONS!

When is your due date. I turn 10 weeks today. I am very cautious as I had 2 m/c's before this one and I went for an early scan at 6w 4d which showed what it was supposed to show but now baby or h/b. They classed it as a viable pg and I was discharged but won't be happy until I have seen something in there. However I have spilled the beans to most people as I am rubbish at keeping secrets.

Congrats again and look forward to comparing symptoms.
Mom2A&J

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A huge congratulations to you! What an exciting year you have a head of you.
proudmum

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you everyone for the congrats, it seems instead of feeling better I am getting worse, I am not happy and starting to get grumpy now, just want to feel good for one day to have a break, its getting very dibilitating now..argh...I will get there soon. 11 weeks tomorrow there has to be some light there somewhere. Hopefully this is the last surge of hormones at my body will settle down soon.

Hey Pepper100, my due date is 3 April 2012, you're not far behind, you must be 9th? Look forward to counting down with everyone. I am sorry that you have to wait for confirmation, that doesn't seem fair and that must be so hard Why didn't they do another one at 8 weeks? Yes I am terrible at keeping secrets too, everything crossed for you and you have very exciting news for us soon. When is your next ultrasound?
Pepper100

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I am due on 7th April calculating by my ovulation date but as I haven't had a dating scan yet, it might move.

As they saw everything they were expecting to see, they discharged me as it was deemed a viable pg. As I have had 3 previous m/c's, I think it was out of order not to have me back but as I live in the uk I didn't have any other choice.

It has comforted me slightly that I have morning sickness (actual all day nausea) as with 2 of my m/c's, I have had to have a d&c at 9 weeks and didn't have morning sickness at all. This time it kicked in before 6 weeks which is around the same time as it did with my 2 dc's. Hopefully when I see my midwife on wednesday and tell her my anxieties, she will try and get me a scan asap. I am hoping within the next 2 weeks.

I will let everyone here know the news as soon as I know.

I hope your morning sickness disappears soon so you can start to enjoy the journey. x
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: