HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

31 Week update

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyowyome

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:30 pm    Post subject: 31 Week update Reply with quote

Wow... I cannot believe I am 31 weeks! I've come a long way from being indecisive to carrying a real BABY!!!

Still having concerns with my contractions- they went away for awhile (except for a few BH)- but returned the other night with every 4-5 min regularity X1hr before I got them stopped with procardia. Grrr.

I lost 10-12 pounds in my 1st Trimester, and now weigh just 5-8 pounds above my pre-preg weight. Some people are jealous... I only worry that baby be OK in the end, with all my ctxns and hx of 5-6 pound baby boys at 37 & 38 wks! What if she's smaller? Or born earlier? YIKES! She measured exact for age at 25 weeks, so that's good.

I am bummed that I cannot justify exercise at all (something I usually do lots of!) because of my lack of weight gain and contractions that start up with any exertion! It kills me to "sit around"- but I am still working PT and keeping up the housework, so that counts.

My doc still has no time for me. Fighting a 2 wk "itch down there" that she keeps tossing out remedies that haven't worked without swabbing to find the actual problem. Hoping it's just yeast- not BV that could predispose to pre-term labor!

She also has not checked baby's position (she's head-down still, thank God!)- only grabs a quick fetal heartbeat and is out the door. Did my labs last week- glucose testing- had to call yest to get my own results. Was told they are "all normal"... Doc will also be out of town when I am 38/3- 38/6 weeks. Nice.

Having some sort of ?indigestion for last 2 weeks- just feel a pressure from my belly to my head (owie!) and a nausea/discomfort I can't put my finger on. Started zantac as a trial. BP is up from 110s/60s to 130s/70s, but again- doc didn't seem concerned.

Just glad this is my last baby and praying all goes well without decent doctor advice... too much cost and drama to switch docs now... Just taking it week by week, trying to take it easy, and trying to fatten this baby up!
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand your frustration with doctors...honestly putting my health issues aside...dealing with any doctor would be miserable for me from the emotional trauma they put me through in the past that today still haunts me. I know they have many patients...but still....at least acknowledge when we are concerned about something. I can not tell you how many docs I went to, before any of them ACTUALLY treated me, finally. On the positive note at least today I have fabulous doctors...but to be pregnant again...I would be on top of the doctors whether they liked it or not. Just whatever you do, don't back down if you are concerned. In my past I tried to play nice with people and it has cost me, Today I am respectful but firm with any doctor I deal with. I don't allow them to just push me out the door as they had in years past and because of that I have a better relationship with all my doctors. Just IMHO while its great to allow a doctor to do what they feel is right...still its your body, your health and your baby so do whats right for you. Good Luck and glad to hear you are doing well....soon enough you will have your new baby! :)
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear things are going well. Won't be long now!!! :)
proudmum

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow I can't believe you are 31 weeks already. Not long to go now and it does seem your body is ready to go into action. I hope the time goes fast for you and your bub hangs in there a little while longer for you so you can relax for the last few weeks. Don't worry about the exercise, you just look after yourself and the bub and you will be back exercising in no time, housework is plenty enough exercise. Sorry to hear about your doctor, that doesn't seem fair at all. I hope everything clears up for you soon.

Look forward to the updates to the big day. Not long now! very exciting.

Cheers
Bethy
wyowyome

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. finally made my doc listen to me last wk. I get a "fetal growth" and "cervical length" ultrasound today. I am SO excited for it! I just want to know if all appears well so I can stop worrying and start living!

If the cervix is still long and closed- and she appears to be a good size (4lbs+), I am just going to keep doing what I've been doing activity-wise- and stop worrying about these damn constant contractions!

If she seems tiny or the cervix is changing, doc says we can give her steroids so she will be ready whenever she comes- and then I can adjust my activites and/or procardia for the contractions accordingly.

My dh and I have a "date" today for the visit- and I am really looking forward to the results. I really trust the OB that does the exams, so I plan to chat him up about my uterine irritability, past small babies, and just kinda see what he suspects for this lil ones arrival- as far as her size and his guess as to whether she might also come a lil early vs on time?

Will keep you posted! So relieved to be getting some reassurance and feedback that I can't hardly stand the wait!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: