HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Must-have items on your kids' holiday wish list??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Must-have items on your kids' holiday wish list?? Reply with quote

Christmas shopping always frazzles me. Any good ideas for what you're planning to get your kids this year? It doesn't help that dd1's birthday is in a few weeks, so I have to decide which things to get her for her birthday and which things to save for Christmas.

Also, how "much" do you usually buy? I always say I'm going to scale back, and it never seems to happen. :)
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One year we, Ok truly DH's idea was 35+ gifts and I am not kidding. That year honestly really annoyed me, it was after foster son left...the realization of having 3 kids very briefly and then going back to 2 made my hubby want to make the BEST Christmas ever for our boys. He got mad with holiday spirit and it was ridiculous! I So feel the Christmas season has been replaced with the gift giving practice that has gotten out of control. LOL

I, also am "trying" to scale back and the gifts we are buying our boys this year (of coarse they are older) are more Christian t-shirts and cross necklaces..my youngest wants this bad...:-) I am also looking at getting possibly cross country ski's or snowshoes as one bigger option..or maybe upgrade their bargain basement kiddy snowboards with REAL snowboards. We also plan on buying them some new Christian music, a few movies and video games and of coarse their yearly special ornaments and likely a few puzzles for older kids as oldest loves these....and depending on what we FOR SURE end up buying, the rest will be given in money. I think our budget this year will be less..DH and I still need to sit down and figure that one out this year. Hope to do that very soon. Ugh...the funny thing is my desire is to also this year, scale back on decorating..I feel like so much time is invested in the preparations that I feel like I haven't truly enjoyed Christmas for the TRUE reason we celebrate it...Jesus!
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we haven't really hit this dilemma yet as our oldest will just be 4 and last Christmas was really the first one that the oldest 2 really understood what was going on. We got them each one gift from us and then they got about a million more from the rest of the family. I always thought it would be a nice tradition to keep the number the same every year, like just a couple of bigger ones and then a bunch of stocking stuffers, but like I said, we're not there yet, so maybe easier said than done :)
2blue1pink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My kids all have birthdays in November, so I haven't really thought about Christmas yet, lol.

My kids will be 9, 7, and 3 this month.

As birthday presents, my oldest is getting a loft bed with a desk underneath (his little sister will then get his normal bed), my second got a nintendo DS, and my 3 y/o will probably get a play microwave, etc.
They also get a pair of pjs and a book at their birthday.

For Christmas, they usually get about 5 presents each. Last year, they got slippers, a jacket, and a pillow pet. The boys got remote control helicoptors and a specific item they had requested. They do get markers, books, playdoh, underwear, socks, candy, crystal jar kits etc, in their stockings as well.

I think this year, my husband said he wants to get the kids some special chairs to use while playing video games. I'm just trying to think of where to store them while not in use. I don't really want a bunch of bulky chairs hanging around my living room.
2blue1pink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to add that we do plan on getting my second son a bike for Christmas. He has outgrown his current one. The weather won't permit bike riding until April or May, but we don't give out big gifts like bikes, as Easter presents.

Also, they are going to get inner tube sleds. I forgot about that one. And, I've already bought them wooden 3D puzzles that they really enjoy.

Oh dear.......looks like my list keeps growing, lol.

Last year, I decided that it would be better financially if I bought a couple of gifts with each pay check for a couple of months. I figured that it would be easier financially for us. The problem with that is we ended up buying more presents than usual. I would think, "Oh, I'll just pick up this ONE item." Sure, but when you do it 7 times.......lol.

So, I guess I can't really give advice. I'm just as bad at Christmas as everyone else.

And, I will secretely admit that I do enjoy spoiling my kids.
mommyluv2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent been here for so long! My third just turned 1 two days ago! Hard to believe a year has gone by it makes me so sad at times! Anyway for christmas... we splurge and always buy way to much. Last year the girls got about 11 presents this year they are getting about 10 but they are bigger items. My oldest wants an american girl doll and my middle wants a 3 wheeled disney princess motorcylce thing. So we went overboard again but I figure they are only young for so long and christmas will only be magical to them for so long so why not! I love christmas!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: