HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We're out

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: We're out Reply with quote

Hey ladies,
Just wanted to pop in and say my goodbyes. I might stop in now and then to check on you all and "wean" myself off the 3rd kid idea.
Dh is home. He's settled back in. He's had the chance to experience life with 2 kids. He's done. His biggest concern is his age and how he doesn't want to be raising kids at home into his later 60s. We've both flip flopped over the past year while he was away thinking about a 3rd. We talked this morning and he is 100% done now. He no longer wants to "let whatever happens happen" for 3 months as we previously agreed. I am leaving the decision up to him as I am unable to decide on my own. Logically I know this is probably the right decision for our family. Emotionally, I feel broken and need to "mourn" the "3rd child that will never be"...the one I've pictured in our family photos or around our table. At the same time, if I felt sure that a 3rd is the right choice for us, I'd press the issue, and I think Dh would go for it, but I can't say I'm in a place to do that.
Thank you to all of you for all your support and I wish you all the health and happiness life has to offer, no matter your number of kids.

Signing off...mommy2-2 and sticking with 2 =0(
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best wishes to you as you enjoy your beautiful family!!
2purpleflowers

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{HUGS}}}, and congratulations on reaching a decision. Enjoy your lovely family!
RockyMtnMom

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, enjoy your family and having your husband back home! It was nice getting to "know" you and I wish you all the best :-)
BABYPINK3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have made the right decision. If you are not 100% sure I think its best not to have a third. My husband was like yours... wanted only 2 and then for a split second he wanted a third so we went for it... and I got pregnant..I have regrets now.I now know 3 is not for me, but its too late.
Best of luck with your future.
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are feeling good about things. That's a great place to be! Have a wonderful holiday!
proudmum

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

awww that's sad, I mean its good that you have made a decision, well dh has and hopefully you will join him soon and not be mourning forever. We will miss you though. It was nice counting down with you until you're husband returned, and nice to know you are leaving with him by your side. Yes pls visit. Its such a lovely little forum here, everyone is so nice and supportive. You will be missed.

Cheers
Bethy
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Popping in to say hi! Thanks everyone!
After a day or 2 of being somewhat sad, I am now very content and at peace with the decision for my family to stick with 2. My husband is very sure he's done and as I've always said for me, "No" in a decision like this is the winner. Not to mention, now that Dh is home, he's like 2 extra kids in 1 when it comes to laundry and whatnot! LOL
Thanks for all your support!
Will keep checking in now and then...cause I love you guys!
Pepper100

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am really pleased that you have come to your decision and are content with it. I'm sure you have made the right one for your family. Please keep in touch but enjoy the freedom that your choice has given you and move forward with your 2 children and your hubby by your side.
J&Wsmommy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God bless and best wishes, Mommy 2-2. I almost never post here anymore, but wanted to tell you that there is happiness to be found even after the agony of making the decision of having a complete family. Our situation was a little different than yours, and two years ago if you had asked me if I would ever be happy with a family of four, I would have said no way. I was in a pretty deep depression for a pretty long time. But with a little time, distance, and a LOT of faith and trust in God's plan for our family, I have learned to see what I DO have as major blessings, instead of what I DON'T have as an insurmountable void.

Just wanted to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel! So thrilled for you that your husband is home and sending you so many good thoughts and prayers for peace and happiness!
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J&Wsmommy,

Nice post! I think it's wonderful that you are feeling awesome with your family of 4...I am almost there, but still am wishing, and hoping that maybe we can add just one more.....and while its been a long time coming for us, I also understand it may not be God's Will. Ironically, I was ready to quit just a few months back, permanently, and DH now wants to go full steam ahead. While I begged him to do an International Adoption a decade ago, today now he wants to go for it, just now we will need to save the money which we are doing. It's a tedious process of saving, but IF it is God's will we want to be ready even if its a year from now that we are ABLE to go for it. I will be 40 and DH 43 In July so time is ticking! But I am so happy to hear others who are so content with their decision, gives me hope. Especially since I have been stuck in this thought since my youngest was a toddler and now he is 13! So thank you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: