HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Late Crawler

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seathree

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Late Crawler Reply with quote

Does anyone have experience with one of their children being an exceptionally late crawler and/or walker? My DS3 is almost 1 and is still not able to crawl.
proudmum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any personal experience, however I have friends who went through this, they get there in their own time, one still wasn't crawling at 14 months. I have also had friends whose children did not crawl, they went from sitting to walking, every child is different. Do you have any reason to suspect their may be a problem?
nata

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, here with DS2. He started crawling at 13 months (but it was never his favourite time spending ), and walking at 18 months. We tried to stimulate him all the time, but he just could not (or not wanted, or was not ready to). My parents were especially concerned, as they are both paediatricians :). He was actually late with everything (sitting, standing up etc).
waitingspring

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My son was born in May, and for the first winter he barely moved since he's too chubby and in the fluffy winter clothes. He finally learned to crawl by 12 months, and it took him only three more months to walk.
seathree

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for chiming in, ladies. My little guy is quite big, as well, waitingspring. He has also been late on all gross motor milestones but he has reached them eventually.
RockyMtnMom

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was going to add that my little guy is also quite big (90th %tile) and he, too, was late rolling over, etc. He did a little army type crawl for a couple months before he just started crawling on all fours. He was 10.5 months when he started crawling last weekend. Now, all of a sudden, he is pulling himself up to a standing position and almost cruising furniture. So...you never know! They will just do it when they're good and ready.

I was going to add too...my niece never crawled. Just started walking instead :-)
2blue1pink

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend's daughter never crawled. She rolled, so she was still able to get around, it was just..........different, lol.

She went right from rolling, to standing, and then walking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: