HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

an onion, with lots of layers, per Shrek

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: an onion, with lots of layers, per Shrek Reply with quote

Hi all. Hope you are all well! Last I checked in, I said we'd give it a couple months to see what happens...I was very excited at the possibility that a third might happen...and so far, let's just say, we're moving in the opposite direction. I guess it's better that the complexities get worked out while NOT expecting a third...
Dh and I suddenly started really not getting along. He's been home for 3 weeks due to a medical issue (he's fine) and the tone of the household is toxic. He's been home from deployment for about 6 months and I think he thinks things are fine...I, on the other hand, do not. At this point, a 3rd child is the farthest thing from my mind, except for the mourning that goes with wishing I could bring another child into an "ideal" family instead of what it is...and "making" another child...well...that ain't happenin' :?
Sigh...so I guess it's time to pick up the pieces, try to repair this family we do have and move on with our 2.
RockyMtnMom

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mommy 2-2: Thinking of you...sorry that you are having to deal with this. I was thinking how difficult it would be to go from his deployment to having him home and the gears you both have to switch to manage that huge change in responsibilities. Hoping that you all can work through everything and come out the other side even stronger.
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockyMtnMom,
Thank you so much for thinking of us and your kind words. I'm not leaving here yet...I like you guys too much! I am hoping that now that he is officially back to work (today), things will improve here at home. Hoping this is just a "speedbump" on the road of life and not a major road block.
I'm learning, from all of this, to accept that life happens, and the only thing we have real control of is how we respond to the crashing waves...ride 'em or get smushed by them!
Thanks again!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: