HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kindergarten's coming..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Kindergarten's coming.. Reply with quote

My ODD is starting kindergarten in just three weeks! We are all late risers here, I've taken advantage of it as long as possible - even putting her in an afternoon preschool program the past year. Any tips on how to get my girls (and me!) adjusted to an early routine? School starts at 8:30..that's our wake up time usually. We'll be walking, it's only a 15 minute stroll away so we need to be out the door by ten after. I figure I'll pack her lunch and lay out clothes the night before, get myself up at 6:30 and wake the girls at 7:15. The girls go to bed at 7:30pm currently, should I start putting them to bed and waking up earlier now? Or should I just wait until the routine of school kicks their natural body clocks into a rhythm and just see how early they need to go to bed? Any tips for organizing the morning rush once the baby comes along?
Thanks!
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My youngest starts kindergarten in two weeks. I always say we're going to start going to bed earlier a couple weeks before kindergarten but it never happens! It doesn't take long at all for the natural body clock to kick in. Just getting up early the first couple days makes my girls ready to go to bed earlier at night.

As for organizing in the morning, I have a time when we must be downstairs getting breakfast. Since we leave the house around 8:25, I try to be finished with dressing, hair/teeth brushing by about 7:45. I make a quick breakfast and pack the lunches. DH gets the backpacks ready the night before and looks to see if they need sneakers or library books. We don't really lay out clothes ahead b/c my kids always fight me on what to wear anyway. :)
Pepper100

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DS1 (middle dc) is starting school in a couple of weeks. We leave our house normally at 8.15am so I get up around 6.30am and the kids have to be up no later than 7.15am. Breakfast is eaten followed by getting dressed. DD (8) gets herself dressed but I still need to help DS get dressed. I assume we will be in the same routine but DS1 will be wearing his uniform (live in england) instead of nursery clothes.

DS2 eats before we go usually but if he sleeps longer then he eats when we get back. I do make sure bags are ready to go and I do lunches the night before and put them in the fridge.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: