HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

when does it get better?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: when does it get better? Reply with quote

oh my goodness, I am so tired! I am at the very end of my rope here, and I need some encouragement. Does it get easier when the kids get older? agh!

the baby is teething and not sleeping at night, the 2yo is having temper tantrums, and the 3yo, well...talks all the time, and is generally well behaved apart from intermittent daily fights with her brother including a recent habit of biting and screaming at him. I know the newborn days will eventually end, and I will sleep again someday. But, my kids will always be 3 years apart from youngest to oldest. This part scares me and makes me wonder if it will always feel like a three ring circus here...then I think of having 3 teenagers at one time. what have we done?!
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YES, it gets easier!!!!!!!!! My kids aren't quite as close as yours...there are 4.5 years between oldest and youngest. But still, while the baby/toddler/preschool years are really hard, I think it gets easier as they get older. And you know what? When they get older I think having them closer in age is easier. You can find things to do as a family that everyone will enjoy, so there is less splitting up. They can play together and be more or less on the same level. I just wrote a post yesterday saying that things are getting really easy for me now that my girls are 8.5, 7, and 4. When dd3 was 3 it started to get a little easier, but now that she is 4, it has literally changed overnight. She is SO much easier, and that makes everything easier. Our worst things now are scheduling....I've been stressing for the last hour over how we're going to fit in gymnastics and dance for each girl this fall. :) But really, you are at the absolute hardest stage right now. Hold your breath until it passes, because when it gets easier it is SO good. <<hugs>>
melicovas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh sister... YES it does get better! Just hang on! I , too had 3 little ones under age 4.. plus I was working. (still am) and now my youngest is 3. Hang on... sleep whenever possible girl! That always makes things seem easier.
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it gets so MUCH better....my boys are approaching 13 and 15....they really do not need me much at all...ugh..enjoy that stage cause I can tell you it goes way to quick. My only real issue when my boys were small..the stuff I had to take with me going out anywhere..now that was hard!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: