HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone have changing cycles?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melicovas

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:21 pm    Post subject: Anyone have changing cycles? Reply with quote

Last 2 months have been 25 day cycles.. now 24 days! I used to be a solid 28-day cycler. What's going on? A bad sign when TTC?
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, lots of things can cause your cycle to fluctuate...stress, changes in diet/exercise/weight. Or, if you're in your late 30s, it could be perimenopause. I am 39 and the last couple years my cycles have become SO erratic. Not only the timing, but also the flow level. My nurse friend said it sounds like perimenopause, which I think is just your body preparing for menopause. It can go on for a decade.
2blue1pink

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with walkbyfaith.

My cycles have changed since hitting my 30s to mid-thirties. The flow is definately different too. I have about 48 hours of light bleeding with 1/2 day spotting. I'm not complaing by any means, but it's alarming when you're ttc. I've been complaining to my doc for a couple of years that I'm perimenopausal.

As my ob has said, "Menstrual cycles in your thirties are different from in your 20s. And cycles in your 40s are different from your 30s."
I guess we're all 'maturing', lol.

Do you temp? If your cycles are changing your ovulation date probably is as well. You might want to try temping to identify when you're ovulating. Don't want to waste time because you're missing the date.
melicovas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just started temping this cycle, which started Sunday. I temped when I got preg with #1 and #3 and worked like a charm. Now, however, I am older and funky periods. So I will let you all know how it goes. Since cycles are now SO short, I should be O'ing next week already. Also have the OPK just to verify the temps. It's all very scientific and mechanical, isnt it? So much for the romance! I dont have time for that! :)
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping my cycles change....cause my periods have always been VERY heavy and clots that are huge and miserable and it hasn't changed since the age of 11...I am 39! I have always had between 28-32 days every month and that has been consistent my whole life. I did though have 2 cycles that went past 32 days...though I believe looking back I must have "tried" to get pregnant and then it didn't work. Other then that my cycles are still the same old miserable insanity. Ugh...periods!
melicovas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would normally agree.. but when TTC, I need some predictability! Especially since we dropped a bunch of money on a VR and I am not getting any younger!
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh I totally agree when ttc...You DO need predictability...sorry today is just one of those days I am in my second day of my cycle and wishing it was already over....so its fresh in my mind and I am miserable.....
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PS. Hope you get a BFP quickly so that you have that next baby! Reversing a "v" IS expensive...so I wish you the best of luck....I do though feel stress can cause a period to go off the normal routine....and I so understand the age thing....I feel you on that one....Good Luck!
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can'tdecide...sorry to say that most people I know with really heavy periods and lots of clotting say that their periods get worse as they get older. The closer I get to 40, the more unpredictable and heavy mine seems to get. Ugh...my friend and sister (both in their 40s) say the same thing. I have months where it just gushes and soaks through all my protection within minutes. Not fun. :(
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far with me (knock on wood)..I have stayed almost EXACTLY the same as I have all my life, heavy bleeding and very text book regular cycles....my one sister is the same as me and is in her 50's and it has also been consistent with her too so likely I will end up like her. The only thing my older sister told me is that she does gets months where its actually a bit lighter and that also began to happen to me just the last 2 years or so....every so often I will actually get a month where the bleeding is actually more normal and I always think...wow if my period was like this every month...how life changing it would be. So my hope is that maybe it will go that way in the future....one can hope right? ;-)

But if I do end up with heavier bleeding, likely I will opt to get my uterus out....no use keeping it if it ends up making more permanently anemic...plus then I would actually have a life! LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: