HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Intro and Thank you!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
exciteddad34

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Intro and Thank you! Reply with quote

Yes, I am a dad who has been lurking on this site for a long time now! I bet I'm not the only male who lurks here! I was looking at this site even before our DD1 was born back in 2008. For some reason I have always wanted 3 kids and it actually took me having to convince my wife that it was the right thing to do. We started having kids later in life like many of you I am 34 and my wife is 37 DD1 is 3 and DD2 is 1 AND today my wife is not 11 weeks pregnant! Yay, I can honestly say that every time I've seen an US it's been a different experience but when I saw this one a few weeks ago I knew with 100% certainty that we had made the right decision.

I wanted to thank all of you for the advice that I have read over the years. Many of you have supported us thru our journey and had no idea that you were doing it. I am slightly concerned with my wife being 37 I look forward to getting the NT scan here in a couple weeks reading proudmum's comments about it made me feel better this morning. My wife is still as sick as can be and I feel so bad for her I try to help with as much stuff as possible because it doesn't look like much fun. Thanks again ladies, I look forward to joining the 3 kids group sometime around 4/12/12!
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome and congrats! It is amazing how many people can read something and it makes the choice to move forward with another child easier. Enjoy your next new blessing! God Bless!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome and congratulations!
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! Congrats on your new little one, and welcome!
proudmum

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi excited Dad

What a lovely message. Welcome to the forum and so glad you wrote to us. I am also glad that our comments help some of you out there that don't write as much. I have been given so much food for thought on this forum, it really is a lovely and welcoming forum.

I totally agree that all my doubts about having a third disappeared at the NT scan. It all became very real to me and I am now ready.

Congratulations to you and your DW. We are here if you need us, or have any questions about the scans or anything, although you sound like a pro by now yourself :D. I hope your DW's m/s ends soon. Mine stopped for about 4 days in week 11 but has returned this week...boo, here's hoping it's on the way out for both of us.

All the best
Bethy
Pepper100

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Welcome to the site. Its good to know that the things we write here are read by people who are spurred on by them. Its also good to know that it has happened so thanks for posting.

I am 12 weeks tomorrow and am due on 04/07/12. I also haven't got over the m/s just yet and am looking forward to my scan on Tuesday.

I like you found this site amazing as I was trying to convince my DH that 3 was a brilliant idea. He is much more excited now that I am pg and I know that he will be over the moon when he/she is born.
exciteddad34

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update here my wife and I had our 3rd child a baby boy on 4/9. Since we have 2 daughters we were totally shocked to find out we were having a boy. Both he and mom are doing wonderful he is the most calm baby of all and has already started to fall into our routine.

We are now done if we had been younger I think we would have had more children but due to our age and this pregnancy being very difficult on my wife we closed that door during her c section. I must say that it's a MUCH different feeling this time around. We are done and I know we are done so this time the feeling is a ton different. When he cries (which he really doesn't very often) I am so much more relaxed than with the girls as I know this is it, he won't be like this again and I'll never have another little baby in the house. I know very well how fast he is going to grow and a year from now he will be so different.

Like I previously mentioned I've been lurking on this board for years now ever since we had our 1st DD. I remember after our 2nd DD still searching through old posts in the hospital I knew even at that point we were not done. The finality of all of this feels so good, I feel like our family is complete and we can close this chapter of our lives. I know that when I look back on my life that I'll never regret having too many kids. If you're on the fence I doubt you'll ever look back and think you shouldn't have done it. Go for it! Life is short, enjoy it!
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations to you and your family!
Thanks for the update; I read your original post back when I was just lurking - it's so nice to see a dad on here.
"Go for it! Life is short, enjoy it!" How very true that is..Enjoy that baby boy!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on you new little guy!!!
Your posts have now encouraged others just as you were encouraged by what you've read these past years! Thanks from all of those on the fence!
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on your little boy! He sounds like a dream. :)
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congratulations! so glad to hear you feel that completeness now and your wife and son are doing well.

I know exactly what you mean about that last one...there is so much less stress with our 3rd. when my 1st was doing the things he does, I was freaking out, now, I just take it in stride. I know it's not forever. Enjoy these early days with your son! They are so precious.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: