HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

33 weeks and final scan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyowyome

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: 33 weeks and final scan Reply with quote

I cannot believe I am here already... 33 weeks!

Had a scan yest. to measure fetal growth and cervical length d/t my lack of weight gain and constant contractions.

All looks great! Apparently the ctxns are all talk and no action... just how my body does pg. The cervix needed to measure 2.5+ and it came in at a whopping 4cm! Just a little "funneling" or opening- at the top, but not enough to worry about at this stage of the game!

Baby girl has chubby cheeks and HAIR and weighs approx 4lbs- just a lil bit smaller than average, but close enough!

Doc says to just keep the ctxns from getting closer than every 10min w/ my procardia, hydration, rest, etc. and ignore the random ones.

He did advise no sex until about 36wks... but I am thinking if everything is so "normal", then why would he suggest that? Hmmm... Not that it matters... sex hasn't been a real big part of my life lately, lol.

So- I guess I will keep on keeping on for a few more weeks! Cannot believe she could be here in the next 4-7weeks!

I am getting achey in my ribs and back- sleep is becoming elusive- and my indigestions sucks, so I will be good and ready when the day comes! Just so glad all looks well and I can stop worrying so much.... maybe I can try and enjoy a day or two of this pg since it will be my last!?
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great news! a lot of times they'll recommend "pelvic rest" just so mom feels like she's doing something proactive! LOL Also, as you do get closer, there is the chance that intercourse could help ripen the cervix (with prostaglandins from semen) as well as increase contractions if you have an orgasm. Sorry if that's TMI!

Sounds like everything is right on track...looking forward to hearing the big news!
proudmum

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh that is so exciting, man your pregnancy has gone by so fast (for me anyway). I wish I was 33 weeks, so jealous. Only 26 weeks to go...ho hum, but enough about me.

I hope the next few weeks go fast, and it won't be long until your little girl is in your arms, can't wait to hear the news....very exciting.

Happy counting down.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: