HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

is pregnancy or the first 3 months the hardest?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BABYPINK3

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject: is pregnancy or the first 3 months the hardest? Reply with quote

Okay, now I'm starting to absorb that I am Pregnant with #3 a few things have crossed my mind.
Is it going to be harder throughout the pregnancy dealing with 2 other children, sleepless nights with a big belly and especially in hte last few weeks when I can barely move?
or
the first 3 month when Baby is waking thorughout the nights and so may the other children, and I will be sooo tired throughout the day to play and drive my daughter to kindy.

What part of this did you find the hardest and any tips?

THANKS in advance
2purpleflowers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, neither one. The pregnancy was probably a tiny bit harder than the first 3 months (but I got a pretty easy baby for #3).

What I really found the hardest was DD3's young toddler years. Last year at this time, I had a 6-year-old first grader (with actual homework, that required my attention), a 3.5-year-old, and a very busy (crazy?) 1.5-year-old. That was the hardest, hands down.
melicovas

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually just found that time FLIES both for the pregnancy and afterwards. Not harder per se.. just so busy and so exhausetd.. When are you due? My 3rd was born in summer which helped b.c the other 2 didnt have the homework and tight schedules to worry about.
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have rough morning sickness, so I say that being prego with other kids is the toughest. But, I am also one that loves the newborn days. I think the hard part kicks in when they are about 4-5 mo and start moving and not sleeping on the go and my kids were all great sleepers in the beginning, but then take a nose dive around that age. I think 6 mo to a year is pretty rough, but hey, that's where I am now! maybe that's why.

tips: can you sleep at all during the day? naps are my survival strategy.
phillychick

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an almost 5 year old and almost 3 year old, I am now almost 32 weeks pregnant and I would say it's been physically harder and emotionally draining dealing with the 2 kids as I've gotten more uncomfortable with the belly so maybe since about 25 weeks? Some days I feel like I have no patience and the younger one wants to be picked up and held alot still. I feel like it is still easier dealing with this in this state than having a newborn and sleep deprivation although atleast physically it will be a little easier to get around! I am not one that enjoys pregnancy at all either, so I may be biased! :) Good luck, when are you due? :)
BABYPINK3

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm only 12 weeks and finding it a real big struggle already!
I hate pregnancy. Cant drink, cant eat seafood, or deli foods and sushi, all my comfort foods!

My DS is 11mths and we are going through rough times with teething and not eating anything. My DD is 3.5 and so lovely but wants to play all the time!, I have been able to put her into kindy for 3 days so she can get the stimulation there instead.
I am still having some moments of "WHAT HAVE I DONE???" especially tonight.
28 weeks to gooooo................
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize yours were so close! Maybe you said that before, but I didn't connect it when you said you were expecting again. You have a very good reason to be tired!! DD was 7 mo when I got pregnant with DS, so I know how you are feeling. Those early pregnancy days esp. were so tough. It sounds depressing (and it was a little at the time) but I went to bed at like 8 every night. I was also working too and DD was waking at 5am. But, I did whatever I could to get the most rest I could b/c ultimately that's what helped me cope. Hang in there. It will not last forever, and once the baby arrives, your older two will be playing together, and it will be a lot easier on you!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: