HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Baby Sprinkle? Yes or no?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phillychick

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Baby Sprinkle? Yes or no? Reply with quote

A good friend of mine wants to throw me a baby sprinkle for baby #3 since he is a boy, is this Ok or not proper etiquette since I had 2 showers given to me with my first child (who will be 5 next month). Who else on here has had one? It is such a sweet gesture, we don't really need anything big but maybe just some small stuff and boy stuff.
2blue1pink

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one for my third child.

It was very low key and informal, but very nice as well.

My mom threw it at her house. We invited only close relatives (SIL, aunts, grandmas, etc). There was no baby registry, but I did have a short list of items I needed. Everyone brought a dish to pass, including myself. There were no decorations and the cake was homemade.

I don't think anyone was put out by the idea. It was more like a small women's and children's family party.

Honestly, it was one of the best parties I've ever had. It was so relaxed and lovely. It was more fun than my shower for my first child that had 50 guests in a rented room.

If someone wants to throw it for you, why not?
wyowyome

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having one for #3. Its been 6 years since my last... so I could us a few things (:

Actually, it's a "diaper/wipes" kind of shower since I already have so much stuff from garage sales and gifts... it's our first girl and she is already too spoiled!

I intend to have a "sip and see" where I invite the same friends coming to my small, informal diaper shower over to my house after she arrives so they can meet her. No gifts allowed for this one... I will serve adult beverages and snacks. 2 parties are better than 1 anyways!

I say go for it! Everyone wants to get u a lil something anyways- might as well mingle as well! (: Enjoy!
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's fine. If people don't like the idea, they can just not come, but I can't imagine too many people would have a problem with it.

And can I just say that calling it a baby sprinkle is about the cutest darn thing I've ever heard! :)
phillychick

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are going to go ahead with it, will try to put some cute wording on there for a wishing well or small things :) Diapers are always appreciated, right? :)
alc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A girlfriend of mine threw me one a couple weeks ago. It was more about celebrating having another baby than getting lots of stuff. Although, I did get some useful stuff! It was hosted at Let's Dish, which is a place that let's you make up dinners and then freeze them. They all chipped in and bought me 4 dinners that feed 6 people. I split them all so I ended up with 8 ready to cook dinners for once the baby's born. While I would have been ecstatic with just the dinners everyone still bought something (lots of diapers and such, which are always handy!).

You can keep it low key and focus more on fun activities/games, gathering with friends before the big event, etc but I think it's just fine to have a baby sprinkle for any baby regardless of how many other kiddos you have.
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think since she wants to do it for you, it's not like it's you asking for a shower, you know? I'm going to a shower for my friend tomorrow, and this is her 2nd baby. Esp. since it's been 5 years...totally makes sense you are going to need stuff.
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "Lets Dish" idea is brilliant!
And a Sprinkle...I think is nice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: