HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

flip-flop follies
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: flip-flop follies Reply with quote

I am so glad to have found a place where flip-flopping isn't deemed completely crazy! I am here today, sick as a dog, the house is a mess, with 2 energetic young kids, DD is almost 4 1/2 and DS is almost 2 (who are luckily napping right now), a deployed husband who is due home after a year at the end of the month and the LAST thing on my mind should be adding another child. But you all know how that goes! I change my mind daily if not hourly. Today, after watching one of those baby shows (damn them!!! LOL) I am on a "I MUST do this one more time!" kick. Full of heart and ignoring the logical side (my husband is gone often, when home he doesn't help much with the kids or the house, but I love him, the issues of money, logistics, etc.) and just feeling like "we'll figure it out". I've been leaning to the "sticking at 2" side lately as I am pretty overwhelmed these days...but I guess if when Dh comes home and I'm in one of my "just go for it" moods, I guess I could end up joining you preggos wondering "what have I done??"
I guess it just comes down to that good old feeling that someone is missing, that I want another sibling for the kids to grow up with, and that I want just one more chance to ride that awesome, sickening rollercoaster of pregnancy, L&D, newborn, and infant years and most importantly, raising another little person...
I'm sure I'll change my tune by tomorrow! LOL
Whisky123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow this just sounds like me - I change my mind frequently too! I know exactly how you feel.

I'm finding it's very encouraging though reading some of the posts here knowing you're not the only one in this predicament! I, like you, am thinking do I just go for it but then I think eek will I then think what have I done! lol!

Good luck with whatever you decide. :)
Koagirl74

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one of those preggos who has moments of "what have we done!" but on the flip side, it is SO nice not thinking about should we or shouldn't we have another. It was extremely time consuming the amount of thought I put into having another. The lists I made, the journals I wrote, the conversations I had with anyone who would listen. It was EXHAUSTING! Now I have different worries, but it is great not having that 3rd child inner battle anymore. Good luck with your decision!
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A really bad day is going to be bad whether you have 2 kids or 3. But those really good days....ahhhh, with 3 kids it's just SO amazing to watch them all together.

As I always say:

Come on, you KNOW you want to! ;)
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walkbyfaith...you know we all want too!!!! That's the problem! LOL That's all I have to say!!! Ok, well one more thing....I say go for it too...afterall I need to be the only one still on the fence, for good reason of coarse...for the rest of eternity....afterall I am the queen of fence building...literally and figuratively speaking (DH and I have built many fences in our lifetime of moving....so we are good at it!!! So I vote ME as the queen of flippy floppiness! ;-)
proudmum

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one good thing about being pregnant is I have more time on my hands where I don't have to think about whether to or not anymore, it such a relief and my shoulders feel so much lighter. Now I just have to worry about vomiting, tiredness, tenderness, is everything alright roller coaster...oh its fun being a woman!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks ladies! I know it's beating a dead horse here but thanks for listening!
I had to laugh...it is true...if I was to get pregnant, I don't know what I'd do with my time! (ok, before the sickness and exhaustion set in or after it went away) I'd probably sit staring at the computer screen after my 2 kids are in bed thinking, "What do I do now????" No more desperate google searches or pros or cons lists into the wee hours...hmm...maybe I could clean up the house! NAAHHHHHHH!
proudmum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha, I am sure the break will be short lived before the house is full of dirty nappies, crying all night, never ending washing etc....and then the question of whether to have a fourth......lol...I know that ain't happening, although my DH laughed when I said that the other day....hmmm

I reckon you should go for it, as they say, if you can't beat em, join em!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha, I am sure the break will be short lived before the house is full of dirty nappies, crying all night, never ending washing etc....

Yeah really...but the above would just pertain to my husband who is coming home and the 2 I already have...God only knows how busy I'd be if I actually had another kid! LOL
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flip...flop...
Was completely overwhelmed and exhausted this evening...having a definate "2 kid day" and was hanging out in the front driveway with several of the neighborhood kids all playing together while chatting with some other moms (they all have 3, 4, or 5 kids each! I'm the minority!) In trying to keep an eye on my little guy and keep my DD from heading toward the street on her scooter, I kept looking around. I found myself continuously looking for more than the 2 I have. Almost a "where is so and so...I lost one!" feeling. I almost laughed out loud...how strange that I was looking for anothing child of mine that "isn't". Could it be a sign????
RockyMtnMom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! You TOTALLY need another child!!!! Go for it!!
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is a random thought I just had....and I've actually thought of doing this on many occasions with making major decisions b/c I think I am pretty logical when it comes down to it rather than "going with my gut" so to speak....but I heard once regarding if you should change careers to get a container and a bunch of black and white marbles. Come up with a determined time period like a few months or something and at the end of each day in that time period, put one of the marbles in the container representing how you feel about the decision that day--white signifying to stay with your job, black signifying that you want to leave....count at the end of the period to see which has the most votes.
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey great idea about the marbles...long as I don't lose my marbles waiting for the choice to be told to me! LOL :-)
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOVE the idea of the marbles! Should I put a different marble in every time my mood and decision changes? I better get A LOT of them and a VERY VERY big container (hey, that's a great use for a pack and play LOL)!
RockyMtnMom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty much what I did a few years ago...although I didn't use marbles, I just wrote 2 or 3 on a calendar then counted up the yeses and the nos after about 45 days. The thing is, I would make the decision at the end of each day once DS1 and DD were quietly asleep like angels. LOL!!! Good thing for DD2 (my third child), I didn't cast my formal vote earlier in the day or he might not be here! Best of luck deciding!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: