HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

34.5 weeks and can't believe we are getting so close!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyowyome

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: 34.5 weeks and can't believe we are getting so close! Reply with quote

Well, I just figured out that I am less than 30 days away from the date I carried both of my boys to!

I can't believe I am this close. Pregnancy has NOT been easy on my this last 8 mos... and the time does still seem to be dragging most days... but in the greater scope of things, we're on the downhill slide!

I am exhausted- could sleep for days if I wasn't so ACHEY... so instead I sleep w/ lots of interruptions from baby and discomforts- and feel like Im in bed half the time! I am so far keeping up w/ housework- but It takes me twice as long to get it done....

I def. have discomforts that are worse/new from my last 2 pg. My entire torso (ribs, back, pelvic bone) are just aching all the time, esp. in bed! Owie! And my upper thighs/groin get sudden sharp cramps that make me "dance" out of them while walking at random times. Kind of embarrasing when still trying to work, etc. They are sharp and make me jerk quickly off the affected leg- which makes everyone around me concerned... I just reassure them I'm fine and apparently baby is pinching a nerve at the moment... this too shall pass!

I don't see doc again until just before my 37wk. Baby's been "dropped" since at least 25 weeks w/ her head pressed against my cervix making me miserable...Can't wait for internal exam to see what this cervix of mine will be up to by then with #3??? Just getting by on a day-by-day basis, but there is light at the end of the tunnel now! YAY!

I am hoping she may come a lil early like her brothers did... but have read many accounts of #3 being the SLOWEST baby to arrive! Ugggh. Still hopeful for a 38 weeker!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping for a quick, easy 38 week arrival for your newest bundle!
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like just yesterday you were obsessing, oops, I mean trying to decide on (haha) whether to go for #3. Won't be long now! Best wishes for a speedy delivery and healthy bub! :)
proudmum

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, time is flying by. I am very happy for you.

I don't have personal experience, but from what I have read, the 3rd is similiar to the 2nd, but what midwives tend to say to friends of mine is they tend to come earlier and faster....so not sure, does your ob or midwife give you any ideas? I guess every baby is different though. I am hoping mine comes by at least 38 or 39 weeks, but mine seem to like being well cooked, so i don't like my chances..lol.

All the best for a 38 weeker, I am so excited for you. I still remember you getting pregnant like it was yesterday, I hope mine goes that fast.
wyowyome

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

proudmum- I sure hope that the 3rd is like the 2nd! He was my easiest by far! I only had 5-6hr of painful contractions and pushed him out w/ 2-3 easy pushes! I would repeat that! My first labor was a nightmare....

I am really encouraged that midwives expect 3rd babies earlier and faster! I cannot find anything but internet accounts of women saying their 3rds needed eviction to finally get out... well past due dates!? That, to me, sounds more like a 1st- but I was starting to get nervous!

I did ask doc if she thinks this one will come a lil early like the boys, say 37/38 weeks, and she agreed that it prob would. She also noted that I could stop worrying about all my contractions after week 35, "because she will come when she is ready & will be fine no matter what".

I suppose it will all work out as it's supposed to. I won't have my first internal exam until my next appt. at 36wk5d- so we'll see if there are any encouraging signs! I feel less active w/ this one due to increased fatigue and achiness- and I know that can slow things up- so I really need an energy burst to get moving again!

Today I am 21 days away from the day I gave birth to my 1st, and 26 days away from the day I carried my 2nd to.... EXCITING! I packed my bag yesterday (:
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any experience either with a third, but my doc did tell me if I ever planned to have a third to either book a hotel next to the hospital or go in and be induced by 39 weeks because he didn't think we'd make it to the hospital in time. My first was a LONG labor (23 hours) and 2 hours of pushing, but DS was under 5 hours from first contraction to last push (and it was only 2-3 pushes) and we only made it to the hospital with about 30 min to spare, and only made it to the delivery room with under 10 minutes to spare! I used the homestudy of "Hypnobabies" with my second and I SWEAR it helped it go much faster and easier. I'd use it again in a second! (I am NOT crunchy, but I was hoping to have some techniques to use so I could make it to a hospital an hour away...it worked so well, it got me thru the whole L&D!) That said, I wouldn't hang out at home so long!

Good luck!
nata

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad everything is going good. You are almost there!
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SO, So excited for you! It won't be long now....and SO VERY glad you are not in the group of us still without our 3rd and STILL obsessing...sounds awesome for you to not have to deal with that anymore...what an inspiration you are.....so thanks! Can't wait to hear about your new baby soon. God Bless!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: