HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My kids are getting SO independent!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: My kids are getting SO independent!! Reply with quote

This morning I left my three girls in charge of getting their own breakfast. dd1 (almost 9) made the bacon and sausage (I buy the pre-cooked kind so she only has to microwave it), dd2 (7) was in charge of cereal, and dd3 (4.5) was in charge of pouring drinks and handing out grapes. They are so cute. I love the new independence...they were very proud of themselves and our morning went much more smoothly since all I had to do was pack lunches. A few months ago I taught them to wash their own dishes and wipe their spot at the table. dd1 and dd2 have also gotten pretty good at using the dustbuster to clean up crumbs under the table. It was kind of bittersweet knowing that I won't have babies anymore, but this stage is really fun and much more relaxing. I'm going to try to really enjoy the next few years before they become teenagers. Haha!!
wyowyome

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY for independent kids!

My boys are SO helpful for me and themselves.... I am actually super grateful that they are so "big" so they can help me when my fully-dependent newborn makes her debut in the next 3-5 weeks!

I cannot believe I am starting over.... tho it will be easier this time around with my helpers!

Congrats on your growing girls!
RockyMtnMom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, congrats! It's sounds great to have them all working together and even better to be able to take some of the load off of you! Yeah!!!
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this thread gives me great hope!
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey I DO have teens THIS month now...13 and 15...and let me tell you independence has been here for a long time now...and teenage hood is awesome, not scary at all! It is very cool to see my boys take over fully their home-school education these last years....they go to a cyber school, do their classes and homework virtually on their own..they are doing extremely well. They also have taken responsibility of everything with ease....they help me with the entire house, have the most amazing manners, and choose family and faith, always over the typical teen world. As a matter of fact, they don't like anything of the the teen world, when given choices between regular teen music and Christian music...they refuse the secular teen music and always pick the other. I feel so proud of them that while they are so independent at their age, that they are making such wonderful choices in their lives and that they refuse to follow peers. I am so lucky to have my boys!!!! Independence with my boys is amazing to watch...as they on their think and do so many things so well. Enjoy your little kids, raise them well and watch them do great things in their teen years, cause they will!
2purpleflowers

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two more years, and we'll be there, too. I hope. Oh how I hope! Right now the older ones (7 and 4 1/2) can load their plates in the dishwasher (with reminders, of course), and DD1 is actually a pretty great help with cooking. I think I need to start encouraging a little more independence, though!
thinkingof3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!!!! It does get easier huh? Mine are getting a litttle more independent, but we're at the stage where independence brings a lot of spilled milk! They are 7, 5 and 3. The 5 and 3 year olds are the most independent, thus the spilled milk lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: