HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Off Topic: he made it to the USA!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Off Topic: he made it to the USA! Reply with quote

Hi there,
Hope you don't mind my sharing, as many of you have been with me for the "countdown" to my husband returning from his yearlong deployment in Afghanistan. I just got a phone call that he has made it back to the USA safely! He'll be doing whatever it is they do when they return for the next week before he can come home, but at least he's back in the same time zone and in a place where God-willing, no one is trying to kill him!

We've almost made it through this crazy year!
But now, "The Decision" (you know...#3?) is going to be a lot more "real" rather than hypothetical.
We'll see what new adventures life has in store!
Thanks for all the support!
Now the countdown to have him back in our arms! (guessing about 1 week to go!)
proudmum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay that is awesome! Wow what a relief. I remember that feeling.

The worst is over, but I know its not really over until he is in your arms. Hope the next week goes super fast for you.

Good luck with your 3 decision, I reckon you'll do it, but can you get DH on board?

All the best, love hearing good news.
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is so awesome!!!! so happy for you!
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God is so good...so, so happy for you! :-)
RockyMtnMom

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! I'm thrilled to hear your good news. God IS good!! Keep us posted as to when he arrives home. We've been on vacation and just visited some Navy friends here in San Diego. My girlfriend described her DH's last homecoming after his 7 month deployment and it was so touching. Her children are now 12, 10 & 9. He surprised his eldest daughter at school and she was speechless, except for the sobs, for 10 minutes. So touching. Hope your homecoming is fantastic for you all!
melicovas

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG.. yay!! YOur kids must be thrilled also! Give him some time to readjust then you never know- he could be on board after all!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone! He should be home on Thursday morning! We can't wait.
It's funny how things happen though...just when I was feeling confident and even a bit cocky last week and had my mind made up that I was 100% sure (and I'm NEVER 100% sure about anything lately LOL) that I want to go for #3...and just do it...
Both kids and myself get VERY sick and I'm struggling to survive...
Made me rethink everything. I mean...if I can barely handle me and 2 sick kids, how could I ever handle a 3rd child (AND a potentially sick husband!? The latter is like 3 kids in one!) So much for 100%...push that back to about 1%...oh well.

Now that I'm on the mend, DD is much better and DS is still struggling through the day, I'm a bit more confident, but whew...I'm drained! Hope I have ANYTHING left for Dh when he comes home...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: