HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

First internal exam- almost 37 weeks!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyowyome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: First internal exam- almost 37 weeks! Reply with quote

Well.. I'm 36wks 5days and just had my first internal exam. I know these things can't tell you much... but I am getting anxious and more uncomfortable by the day... so I was SUPER excited to hear that I am already 2cm dilated and 60% effaced! YAY!

My weight was up to a "whopping" 141.6... so maybe 10lbs from pre-preg?? I was 140lbs 2 weeks ago.. so I guess I'm not losing any yet...

Doc wasn't exactly gentle, either- so the spotting/cramping is just the price I have to pay for the good news (:

Things have been moving along quickly lately- 4 nights ago I had my toenails done at a salon and the hot salt water bath for my feet made me swell for the first time- I've had pitting edema to both shins since... ICK!

I ache like an old lady from my clavicles to my pubic bone.. absolutely do not remember this from prev. pgs! Just aches like I have the flu all the time- laying in bed makes it worse! Ouch! Popping tylenol like tic tacs ):

Anyways- baby looks good and is in position for launching... but she is sitting a lot higher than my boys did. Been riding the birth ball a bit each night to encourage her out of my ribcage...

Hoping that things move swiftly form here on and that I have another beautiful, healthy 37-38 weeker! My babes really do seem to do better out than in after about 38 weeks... we all just start to lose weight and feel icky! Once they start nursing, they thrive like crazy!

I am SO ready to meet her! FX for a healthy baby SOON! I have lots of 12hr shifts scheduled in the upcoming weeks and I really don't want to have to work them...lol!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping for a nice quick easy L&D coming up soon!
I can imagine at some point pregnancy has got to get SO miserable to make us stop wanting more! LOL
Hang in there and we can't wait to hear the exciting news!
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fingers crossed for a speedy delivery!!
Pepper100

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not long to go now. Hope everything goes well for you and you have a speedy delivery. xx
wyowyome

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, gals!

I am SOOOO ready to be done! I limp through my 12 hour shifts and go home with puffy feet and aches/pains that bring me to tears for my poor DH ): He doesn't know what to do with me anymore!

I am an emotional rollercoaster: I am anxious, happy, scared, tired, overwhelmed, and in pain..but think that's a good sign for labor... all at the same time! I laugh and cry in the same minute! My family just sends me to bed most of the time, lol!

I see my doc again on tuesday. She leaves town from Thurs- Tues (which is exactly when I delivered ds #2 at 38.5wks). I'm trying to decide what to do- if there have been no cervical changes, I will have her leave everything alone and plan to carry past tues... but if there HAVE been changes and things look "ripe" for a weekend delivery- do I make a plan to help augment her out before doc leaves?

I guess I will just show up for the appt and play it by ear from there. This is the same doc who has delivered my other 2- so it is sentimental for me to have her there, but I don't want to be one of those "selfish" moms who pushes induction for convenience only to end up w/ a c-section and babe in resp. distress... On the other hand, if things are "ripe" for delivery w/ #3- a girl I know will be just fine at 38.5wks!- I suppose those worries are for nil?

Sigh... too many decisions at an overwhelming time! What to do? Maybe labor will start on its own this week? (:
nata

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wanted to wiaho success and an easy delivery!
Here where I live you can not be induced before week 41 :) (or baby/mother should be having some problems)... But I can imagine you are "done", the last weeks of pregnancy are so difficult, especially emotionally! FX for you adn your baby!
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh my goodness, 12 hour shifts! I can see why you feel done! hopefully all that moving around will get the baby moving down and in good position.

nata, where do you live? I wish maternal care where I lived had the same protocol.
nata

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kkimbrell: the Netherlands.
proudmum

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck wyowyome, just popped in to see if there was any news from you.

Hope everything gets going and hoping its when your doc is around. Induction is a very personal thing between you and your doc, but I can't believe you are still working. I can't wait to hear the arrival of your little girl...Let the countdown begin.
RockyMtnMom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wishing you a very quick, smooth and comfortable delivery!! I can't believe you're almost there! Hang in there!
wyowyome

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still here... hate the waiting game because I am such a planner and feel so helpless waiting for labor to start (: 37wks 4days today... Had my oldest ds 1 day from now and my youngest 8 days from now... Wishful thinking!

I am just planning to play it by ear according to whatever doc says at next appt. Am thinking against any augmentation of labor- unless, of course, I pass 40 weeks- EEK!

My BP at work was elevated the other night... first run was 150/100, but I KNEW that couldn't be right... so we tried 2 more times and got a more reasonable 128/94, but the bottom # is still kinda high for me...

The 12hr shifts are tough to get through some times... but they help me pass the time (:

I have a pretty good contraction every 20-30 min around the clock. They've only woken me up a few times. Nothing to get excited about as I've had contractions since 18wks... but I do hope maybe they are doing something to help things along! Some of them are quite uncomforable! Closest they've gotten recently were every 10min... but it didn't last for long.

Will let you know when/if anything ever kicks off around here (:
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That BP still seems too high for comfort if you ask me...might be time to lay off the 12 hour shifts??? Please keep a close eye on those numbers!
wyowyome

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well.. I'm scheduled to work a noon to midnight shift today. Ugggh. I am 38 weeks tomorrow! I have squeezed in a Dr. appt at 2:30 I will sneak off to- and I plan to have her sweep membranes just for fun!

I am a believer that sweeping won't trigger anything unless it's ready to roll anyways... And with my recent worries about my diastolic bp creeping up, my belly skin turning a mottled color, more puffiness in my shins, and just the "being DONE" part that comes w/ the final stretch...I figure what the heck?

Last week I was 2cm and 60% effaced.. and I do expect to have made some progress w/ all these contractions (some getting mighty strong!)... so I guess we will see?!

I am a bit worried about being so CRAMPY for the rest of my work shift after having membranes stripped... but I guess the end payoff is worth it if lil girl comes any sooner!

If my BP is still up a bit, maybe doc will send my w/ a note to go home early today? I can hope..... (: Oh- and my doc IS still leaving town this weekend... so that should be interesting! Will let u know how it goes!
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully pregnancy doesn't last forever and in the end you get a cute little baby! Hope to hear soon that your time is up and little girl arrives healthy and fast! Enjoy your last few days and keep us posted when she gets here. God Bless!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck and keep us updated! Here's hoping you get out of working your shift and get some rest and baby arrives before your next shift!
=0)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: