HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's not getting any...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
melina0995

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject: Who's not getting any... Reply with quote

Sleep! I am 17 weeks along and last night I slept from 11-1 and then 5-7. I am super tired, just can't catch the zzzz's. My nose is constantly congested from this pregnancy so I try to sleep at an incline to help that, but I just can't sleep and I am exhausted! I love to start off my night on my stomach and I can't do that anymore. Anyone have any suggestions? I have even tried taking a shower in the middle of the night. Is there anything I can take because I am pretty sure this is just going to get worse.
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man! so sorry you're having sleeplessness. what's the main reason you are unable to sleep, the congestion or not being able to sleep in your usual position? I had different issues with each pregnancy and did different things to try and help. With my first, it was back pain and I used this (and with the other two after) and loved it from about the 2nd trimester on: http://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Snoogle-Total-Body-Pillow/dp/B0000635WI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319918977&sr=8-1

you can take some kinds of nasal sprays/allergy meds, just need to talk to your provider about which are safe, and for nausea, I was proscribed B6 and unisom, which I actually couldn't take b/c I couldn't function it made me so sleepy, but unisom is safe.

For those times when I would just wake up and not be able to go back to sleep, I listened to these relaxation cds (which were also for helping with labor so I needed to practice them anyways) and they often put me to sleep.

Unfortunately, sometimes, I just got up and went to the computer....
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not the same situation, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm up too!
My toddler has had hand foot and mouth dz, AND the croup on top of it, and has slept for a maximum of 30 minutes at a time for the past WEEK...not exaggerating. When he is getting up it's taking 20-30 min to get him back to sleep...he is so miserable. No naps, no night-time reprieve...and I'm the only one that gets up with him. Ok...he gave me a stretch of 2 hours last night ONCE, but that was it (and of course my preschooler woke up during that time for a sip of water!)
OH...what I'd give for a full night of sleep!

Also, when I was preg, I had severe insomnia the whole time. Gotta love progesterone! A lot of people do use the 1/2 unisom and B6 for morning sickness, so I'm sure a half doze of unisom would be fine for a good night of sleep occasionally. I got the ok for an occasional small dose of ambien (only took about 1/4 of a 5mg pill maybe 3 times). Good luck, I know it stinks.
2blue1pink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did over the counter tylenol pm. It's just tylenol with a little benadryl in it.

It worked like a charm and I never felt sleepy or loopy when I woke up.
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to say when I would get migraines and couldn't sleep, I'd take 1/4 of a unisom (b/c I am so sensitive to it) and it was just the right amt. to get to sleep, and I'd wake up fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: