HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any minute now....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wyowyome

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:37 pm    Post subject: Any minute now.... Reply with quote

So, it's kind of a strange feeling being nearly 39 weeks pregnant and all the websites say you could start labor literally "any minute".... I love having DH on eggshells!

I have never carried this long... and so I have of course over-analyzed every single sign: was that part of my mucous plug? Is this toilet paper kinda pink? Ohhh- good contraction!, Is my water leaking??? Etc...

W/ the boys I even felt like I had some control in bringing on labor- so, of course, I have done it ALL again: sex, walking (uphill, 2.5 miles!), breast pump, evening primrose oil, raspberry tea, cohosh, etc- even took the castor oil plunge TWICE!

This baby is not budging. Not even a cervical change in 2 weeks despite 2 sweeps. Still 2-3cm and 50-60% effaced! Sure- I can get contractions going (irritable uterus, remember) but no bloody show, no menstrual aches- nothing!

Friends (most of whom have NEVER had babies) wonder why can't I just wait? Well... because I hurt all over, I feel trapped near home, I can't eat, I can't sleep, I can't poop, I pee all the time, I don't want to work anymore 12hr shifts exposing myself to all the flu/GI bugs beginning to go around, and I dont want to start my measly 8wk maternity leave WITHOUT a baby, and my brother who lives 6+hrs away is actually here w/ his girlfriend until the 10th & we were ALL hoping/expecting they would get to meet her... THAT'S WHY! I am over this and ready to move on to the next chapter...

Doc says she will strip membranes again on Friday if I want...Then I see her on Mon at 39wk5d. I will make an induction plan for nest day if she will let me.. my youngest ds's bday is the 25th and I'd really like to have them at least 10days apart for parties sakes!!!

I honestly can't believe we are going to have a baby "any minute"... LOL! I am actually having nasty cramps right now for some reason? There I go over-analyzing again...! Maybe???? Please send me prayers for patience! And, P.S., I REALLY want an ibuprofen (:
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's hoping baby shows soon! I can totally relate to your post, in my case I was ABLE to get labor started with oldest son...I went up and down the worst and most bumpiest road ever all night long on my due date and 90 plus hours of later lately I finally with an unplanned C-section had my son. With my second, He was due in early November...and I was So afraid he would be born on Halloween, because I had off and on been having contractions for months that I planned my c-section literally 2 weeks early and had him on the 28th....he was born early and almost 8 pounds....and had the biggest head ever...thankfully then I CHOSE to have that c-section again...yow! I look back on those days and think.....just how many reasons I had for wanting baby to come already!!!! I can so understand WHERE you are at....so hopefully soon your baby will arrive and you can get back to being YOU! God Bless!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinking of you! Hope those "cramps" turn into something more tonight.
If not...find someone to fire off a canon. No, seriously...a canon! Or maybe fireworks? Anything that makes a BIG BOOM you can feel. Worked like a charm with DS the night before we were to be induced!
Good luck!
wyowyome

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually think she hears all the noise/drama of her brothers/dogs/etc.. and is NOT wanting to join the rukus just yet! Can't say as I blame her...

Tonight I went off of my self-induced starvation (I am always so afraid what to eat when awaiting labor... don't want to be all full of s@#! when I go in so its all broth and juices for me...) and invited a friend out for pizza and BEER! Yes- I actually ordered and drank a Bud Lite in public at 39 weeks pregnant and it tasted AMAZING! I decided if anyone in the place deserved an adult beverage, it was ME! I ate like a piggy and am SOOO full now, lol!

Maybe that'll kick things off? Oh well if not! It was worth it!
proudmum

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are so funny. Great to see you still have a great sense of humour at nearly 40 weeks. Good on you for your drink, you thoroughly deserve it and if your dd doesn't like it she can just come out...lol.

All the best. My DD was stubborn too. Already 10 days late, waters broke 30 hours after membrane sweep, on a Friday night, my contractions didn't start until the Sunday night. Then it was a quick 5 hours, once she decided it was time. However I figured she was just nice and cosy because once she came out she loved to sleep, so it was worth it at the end.

I know you are over it, and really hope everything gets going soon. Gotta say I think you have tried everything. Maybe it will all start happening together and then be over before you know it.

All the best, hope you have some exciting news real soon.
melina0995

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried the "labor salad"? There is a recipe for it online. I have a neighbor that swears by it and says it worked with all three of her pregnancies.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: