HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

1/2 way there and it's a.................

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
proudmum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: 1/2 way there and it's a................. Reply with quote

BOY!

Had my 20 week scan and it's a boy, so now I have boy/girl/boy. I have actually been in a bit of shock, I thought it was a girl and had all that planned out, so lucky I found out early and now have another 20 weeks to change those plans...lol.

Hope all the other pregnant mama's are holding up well.

Where are you all at, how many weeks?

Cheers
Bethy
nata

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations! I think it is nice both ways (2 girls, or 2 boys)..I have 2 boys and its fun to see them growing together.
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! I was the same way as you--I was SO sure #3 was a girl. I didn't even believe the U/S when clearly it was a boy. it took a few days :)
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YEA, BOY!!! Congrats!!
seathree

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have boy, girl, boy and I love it! Of course there are great things about every combination, but here is what i like best about b,g,b: I enjoy having special "girl" time with one daughter, not as much comparing because there are not two of the same gender right next to each other, my daughter can be rough and tumble, baby boy has a big,big brother to look up to. I wish you the best with the remaining 20 weeks. Congratulations!!
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have 3 kids yet...LOL...but if I did...I would SO love the 2 boys, 1 girl in any order....I think it's so much fun to just have one daughter to spoil with all the cute clothes and stuff....boys also are easier to clothe..so it will be easier to afford the latest and greatest outfits for your one daughter then it would be for two daughters...... and because I already have 2 boys...I CAN say its fun to watch them play together...boys are so energetic and cute and honestly if I were to ever get the nerve to ttc....a 3rd boy would be still so much fun! Congrats again!
Mama Erin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! I love my boy-girl-boy combo too for some of the same reasons as PP. I feel like everyone has a special role. I'm sure every combination has its perks and pitfalls but I love arrangement. Plus, little boys clothes have gotten much cuter since ODS was tiny.
RockyMtnMom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah! So glad the scan went well and you were able to find out the gender! Three cheers for BOY-GIRL-BOY!! Yeah! That's our order too. As others have said, every combo has something great about it, but I like our "sister sandwich" (as I like to call it) because my daughter can be rough and tumble with her older brother and gentle and nurturing with her baby brother. She loves both roles. My DS1 also is so excited about teaching his little brother all things boy (as well as being super sweet while he grows big enough to start learning those things ;-) Enjoy the last half of your pregnancy!
2purpleflowers

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!
Koagirl74

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Proudmum!

I'll find out in about 4 weeks. I have a DD and DS and I'm thinking another boy......
Pepper100

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations. I must say I am surprised at how many of you have a b,g,b order.

In RL I find that people either have all boys, all girls, two of the same followed by the opposite or one of each and the 3rd being the same as the middle one.

To that end, I think I am having another boy also. DD is 7 and DS is 3 (8 and 4 when this one arrives).

I am 19 weeks and go for my scan next Wednesday. I am not finding out though as I love the surprise at the end so the guessing can go on for longer.

xx
Koagirl74

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree Pepper100, most people I know have the sibling combos you mentioned. Good for you for waiting! I loved not knowing with my other 2 it was SO exciting at the birth. This one I decided to find out more for my kids then me. My daughter, who will just turn 8 when baby is born, has her heart set on a girl. I think she'll need some time to get used to the idea of another brother if it's a boy. :)
Pepper100

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My DD is the same koagirl. She will be gutted if its another boy but i think that is what she is getting.
proudmum

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I am surprised by all these b,g,b as well. Great to hear though, I was a little worried but you all make it sound perfect :-).

I had to find out this time, my MIL would drive me nuts if I had to have her weird ways of guessing if it was a boy or a girl. She 'knew' this one was a boy because I felt the kicking at 19 weeks, yep I remember reading that was scientific evidence of a boy??? Even when I told her I felt my DD at the same time, she just ignored me. I mean seriously she comes up with some weird stuff during pregnancy and it drives me crazy andt I am supposed to be going along with it for a third time.... :?

I really found out for my son who was a bit anxious about it, and it's so nice to talk to them about their "little brother".

I was always convinced that the third was usually the same gender as the second child, it looks like that idea has gone out the window.

I am looking forward to finding out everyone else's surprises either during their scans or when they are due.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: