HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Third Pregnancy
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:07 am    Post subject: Third Pregnancy Reply with quote

Figured I'd bring this over into a new thread :)

From 2ww thread:
[quote="Shorty"]
I am 14 weeks along with our third! We can enjoy this ride together. I'm sure I will be full of advise (and complaints on the lack of sleep)! And can tell you as it happens what 3 is like. How old are your others? My DS is 4 DD is 2. I run a day home though so I'm pretty used to the noise ect![/quote]

My DD's are 4.25 & 2.75 (little one keeps reminding me she's "almost three so not two anymore") It almost seems like I run a daycare too sometimes! Spring break here so I've been toting around a few extra children as a result. I'm that go-to pal when friends are in a bind, if I didn't enjoy all the kidlets I'd feel taken advantage of lol. I've been watching a close friend's 2 year old son for the past month as her previous childcare arrangment didn't work out so well. I offered to take him since it's pointless for her to find something else as she is on mat leave next week. I get to be there for the birth of my 'niece' and am soooo excited for that!

I can't believe how exhausted I'm feeling already from this pregnancy. Been going to bed much earlier than normal - I'm certain I could sleep a solid 12+ hours if I had the chance! Have had a couple days of feeling queasy but have my fingers crossed for no morning sickness this time. I felt fine with DD1 but with DD2 I felt nauseas for two months straight, never got sick but just felt sick. How has this pregnancy been so far for you, Shorty?

How did everyones third pregnancy compare to their previous ones?
Shorty

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Strbrry,

Lol, oh yes, I was exhausted! The first three months of preg. took way more out of me than the first two, but then with both of them I had a desk job and was not chasing 6 kids so that pbly didn't help. Thank god and knock on wood I have not been sick with any of them. feel so sorry for those of you who did. Apparently I am one of the lucky ones that conceives easy x 2 months trying with all and no sickness. Lol I would never tell my DH this (he would pbly have a heart attack) but with me having kids so easy it seems almost blasphemous to stop after this one. I am feeling better now though, getting more energy, don't feel like I need to go to bed at 7:30.

Spring is trying to come here (we are in Alberta just south of Calgary) but now it is snowing-again. I miss my garden so much but we usually can't start anything til the May long weekend. :p we want to go camping for Easter wknd but we will have to see what the weather is doing. Around here it could be +20c or -10 and snowing.

I am hoping to have my DD (2 yrs) potty trained before baby comes, e eryone says girls are easier, I hope so cause DS was a pain.

Ttys :)
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine got progressively worse...bigger, achier, nausea lasted longer each time :(

sorry, don't want to bring gloom and doom! everyone's different.
Rosie12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone

Hope you don't mind if I join in. I am a newbie, but so pleased to have found this site! I am 6.3 weeks pregnant with number 3 and have a DS (7.5) and DD (5). Finding this pregnancy hard at the moment - permanently feeling sick and anxious (so completely relate to other topics about people TTC then panicking when it actually happens!). Seems harder than the first two, but then, maybe my memory had faded...! Luckily having a fairly big age gap means my older 2 are at school and I can squeeze in some rest during the day (big advantage of working from home!) but it is Easter holidays here (in the UK) next week and I am already anticipating being absolutely exhausted! Looking forward to hearing how everyone else's pregnancy is going. When are you planning on telling your other children? I am waiting as long as possible, but already nervous about their reaction (DD told me babies are NOT cute yesterday!)

Rosie12
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, Rosie12! Congrats on your pregnancy!!
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Rosie! Congratulations! I'm tired too and I'm pretty certain it's not just a faded memory - I swear I'm much more fatigued this time around. *yawwwwn*
We are planning to tell our daughters at around 10wks so that they can share the news with our family members that they're going to have a baby sister or brother. I think that'll be a special way to let the grandparents know :) We would like to wait an extra couple weeks until the beginning of the second trimester but that's just not a possibility as DH leaves for work at around 11wks and won't return home until roughly 37wks. Due to the nature of his work, I'm basically a single mom half the year..It's important to have him here when we share the happy news with everyone. Thankfully conceiving went right as planned so that the baby will be born soon after he comes home, that way he's here for the first six months of baby's life. Pregnancy is going to be a lot tougher this time around.
Rosie12

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Walkbyfaith and StrawbrryMmmy, I do like the idea of letting the children tell my parents and in-laws, but probably for the wrong reasons, really - mainly because, although I think they will be pleased eventually, I think they'll be quite shocked and baffled at first, so it'd be nice to have the children there to prevent any negative reactions! I hope you have a really smooth pregnancy, StrawbrryMmmy, if you are coping with a lot of it alone. Here's hoping we both get over the tiredness soon....
Koagirl74

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Ladies!!!

I am 33 weeks pregnant and I am definitely more tired this pregnancy. I LOVED being pregnant with my other 2....not feeling the same for this one. I keep blaming it on my age (I'm 37) but it's probably because I have 2 older ones (just turned 8 & 5) and work full time. It's exhausting!
Rosie12

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feeling very sick today and quite grateful my two are at a party all afternoon. Just reading some old posts on this forum as, overall, I find them hugely reassuring. It was nice to see one thread where so many mums of 3 said one of the real positives was the dynamics between the siblings - that is the thing that really scares me - will one be left out alot? Will is always be two against one? Think this anxiety is stopping me from enjoying these first few weeks, really. My other half thinks that should be the least of our worries and is convinced the older 2 will love it, but I keep trying to think through every possible scenario!

Hope everyone else who is expecting is feeling less sick and anxious than me!
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rosie12"It was nice to see one thread where so many mums of 3 said one of the real positives was the dynamics between the siblings - that is the thing that really scares me - will one be left out alot? Will is always be two against one?[/quote]

You know, I had that worry, too, and it really hasn't happened. The interesting thing is, as parents we plan these sibling relationships where the sibs will want to play together all the time. But what I find is, sometimes one of my kids wants to be by themselves. My kids often play in a group of 2 with 1 off doing something else...by choice. Think about it, how many of us really want to be with our spouse 24/7? My oldest loves to play on the computer and listen to her ipod, so the younger two play. Or sometimes dd2 wants to put a jigsaw puzzle together in peace and the oldest and youngest play dressup or put makeup on each other. And sometimes the youngest wants to hang on me for awhile, so the older two do more "grownup" kinds of things like play a boardgame or play on the computer together. Then there are plenty of times all three play together, but there are so many options that I think it keeps them from getting on each others' nerves. Sometimes all three of them play separately, but more often than not they're in the same room. It's neat for them to be able to be alone without being lonely. :)
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's everyone feeling?

I'm still feeling awfully tired but not queasy at all anymore (wooohooo!) only had a week of that. *fingers crossed that was it*

Who else is overly emotional? I've cried about something daily and get frustrated much easier. I completely lost it on my DH for wearing his shoes in the house yesterday; but really, take off the damn shoes - especially since I just washed the floors!! I did overreact though. Oops. Don't remember being this moody before but according to DH I was just like this with the other pregnancies. Poor guy gets the brunt of the hormones.

Anyone else experiencing alternating hot flashes and cold chills? One girlfriend had terrible chills during her first trimester and I thought it was so bizarre. Had never heard of that symptom before but alas I'm experiencing it now my ownself.

Began to show around 15 weeks with my first, 12 weeks with my second..with how freaking bloated I am this last week it's almost like I'm showing already. My intestines are so not happy right now. Can't wait until it's the baby rounding my belly and not gas lol

I've been taking the kids and pups hiking a lot lately and doing lots of prenatal pilates and yoga. What's everyone's favourite fitness regime throughout pregnancy?
Rosie12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks [b]Walkbyfaith[/b] that is very reassuring. When I think rationally about my 2 I really think that is how it will be. I think I worry because they have a cousin who is similar in age to my DD and they do tend to play together and leave my DS out. I guess that with such different ages though (8 and 5 when DC3 arrives) the dynamic will be quite different than that.

[b]StrwbrryMmmy[/b] I did have a midwife tell me being pregnant could feel like flu, which I guess includes hot/cold spells. I am still just feeling sick all the time. Did get really emotional the other day when trying to tell OH about a lovely post (probably on here) about three siblings meaning when one has problems he/she will have someone holding each arm (was put much better than that!) - couldn't get the words out cos kept bursting into tears at what a lovely idea that was!

I have just found a stretching, relaxation and yoga class to go to especially for pregnancy but you have to be at least 12 weeks (I need that now!). In the meantime, doing lots of walking. Also, determined to start swimming regularly, but is it just me, or are maternity swimsuits the most unflattering item of clothing ever made?!
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Rosie12"]I have just found a stretching, relaxation and yoga class to go to especially for pregnancy but you have to be at least 12 weeks (I need that now!). In the meantime, doing lots of walking.[/quote]

That's too bad that your prenatal yoga class only accepts after 12 weeks. I was taught by my SIL who is a yoga instructor throughout my second pregnancy (started at 2-3weeks and continued until postpartum) and began self-practice again about two months prior to conceiving this one. I have no idea why I took 2.5 years off of yoga, I love it so much more than pilates! There's many opinions on yoga in the first trimester, some instructors avoid teachings before 12 weeks and the others encourage it. If you've taken a class before and/or have been a home practitioner you could certainly do some poses on your own to help relax and stretch..just be sure to avoid poses like the locust where there is pressure on the uterus and avoid any twists as they compress the uterus, other than that, follow the "if it feels good, do it" rule.
Here's a couple of helpful links if you'd like to try some on your own:
http://www.yogajournal.com/for_teachers/2599
http://yoga.about.com/od/prenatalyoga/a/firsttrimester_2.htm
http://www.healthandyoga.com/html/pfirst.html

[quote="Rosie12"] Also, determined to start swimming regularly, but is it just me, or are maternity swimsuits the most unflattering item of clothing ever made?![/quote]
They are so ugly! In the past I've just worn my old two piece with a maternity tank top over top.. Think I may have to bite the bullet and buy a maternity suit this year. Good luck finding one and wish me luck when I hunt for one lol
Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ladies,

I am now 15 weeks, and feeling much better, thank goodness I was never sick, just tired. Now I feel like I have lots of energy despite looking after 6 kids. After running a day home, the age gap is not a worry for me as the the 6 year old will happily entertain the toddlers while the babies get some attention from me. It all just works.

I have also started to feel the baby move a little, just flutters so far. Can hardly wait for kicks, and playing poke me in bed, I love that part!

My ultrasound is booked for May 1, hopefully everything will still look as perfect as it did on the 12 week one.

I don't regret having another baby, (yet) lol.
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shorty
Thanks for the update! Oh...and those first flutters...ahhhh...awesome. Keep sharing your updates with us! (At least me... I am enjoying living vicariously through you guys!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: