HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Third Pregnancy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How exciting, Shorty! I'm really looking forward to feeling those early flutters :)
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for TMI but I have to share my joy...up a cup size overnight! When dd2 stopped nursing I became a full cup size smaller than I was before children. It's so nice to be stacked again, thanks pregnancy! lol
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We've began sharing our big news. We've told our girls, some family and friends; they are all as excited as we are. Our daughters are really looking forward to a baby sibling, one wants a brother and the other wants a sister - we'll see in November :) They keep rubbing my belly but they're a little puzzled as to why it isn't big..that'll come soon.
Everyone so far is guessing the baby is a boy..except my mom who is guessing there is a boy and a girl in there, oh my! We haven't heard the heartbeat(s!?) yet, we'll be able to next week. Twins would be neat and we would love to have four children but I'd prefer that they come one at a time! DD2 may have had a disappearing twin; there was a small bleed approximately 1cm below where she was attached at our first ultrasound (9wks) and unidentifiable tissue at the bleed spot. If the ultrasound had've been days earlier we would have known for certain. I thought about twins with my previous pregnancies but hadn't even considered the possibility this time until my mom said that! Twins (fraternal and identical) are in both my and my DH's family and I've read there's a greater chance for twins immediately after having a hormonal IUD... Fingers crossed for just one baby in there! lol.

I'm still feeling tired and experiencing the cold chills but doing really well aside from that. How's everyone else doing?
Shorty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Strbrry, the up a cup size is nice! I love how the girls now look like they did when I was 20, lol.

How many weeks are you?

The movement is getting stronger but not yet enough to feel from the outside.

I hated the chills. Hopefully they go away soon for you. I'm now 17 weeks and my prenatal is tomorrow, hopefully we cab hear the heart beat again, mostly for my DS who is so excited! My ultrasound is on May 1 so we will find out what it is, and how everything is growing. I think it's a boy. I'm not to worried as at the 12 week ultrasound everything was good. I can't believe I forgot to ask for a picture :(. We will get a 3d DVD of the baby this time. All my day home kids are excited as well.

Keep us posted on your progress.
Rosie12

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the exercise info, *Strwbrry*. To be honest, at this moment, don't feel I have the energy to do anything, but hope this will pass soon (very achy stomach atm too and a complete inability to concentrate on things).

*shorty* it is lovely to read about feeling the first flutters. I love it when you can feel the movements. I have my 12 week scan the same day you have your next one. So hope they both go well for us.
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

11 weeks in and I've already gained 10 pounds, I suppose I'm on track with my other two pregnancies (total of +49 & +56). Feeling so bloated and uncomfortable, my pants are still zipping up just fine but the muffin top looks horrendous. I'm really looking forward to my full belly maternity jeans - yes i like my pants to come up to my boobs when pregnant! lol.
Still feeling very tired but the cold chills haven't happened in a couple days, yeehaw.
Other than the queasy week about a month ago I have not had any true morning sickness! No pukes, hooray, that's something for me to be happy about in this yucky feeling trimester. Maybe it's a boy this time? I've heard an old wives tale that being pregnant with girls make morning sickness worse? I've wrapped my head around the possibility of a boy...I'd still rather a third girl but I'm not as nervous about about a boy anymore. It seems like there's a wave of boys this year.
Come on second trimester!!
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love hearing all of your progress updates. Glad to hear about all these healthy moms and bumps. :)
Rosie12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Strwbrry* that old wives tale was definitely true with me - I was not very sick at all with DS, pretty sick with DD, this time around have been the sickest I've ever felt, so I am kind of guessing its a girl (I would quite like twins, but don't think its likely cos they don't run in the family and I haven't really got a bump yet). Got just under a week to my scan now, so I just wish it would hurry up - time is dragging...
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went for a check up yesterday and couldn't find the heartbeat after about five minutes of searching with the doppler. I have another appointment scheduled for next week to try to take a listen again and if that's not successful then I'll go for an early ultrasound. I'm not worried as of yet but fingers are crossed that all is well. I've never seen such a panicked look on my DH's face before but he was relieved to hear that it is somewhat normal to not pick up the heartbeat until as late as 14 weeks. We were able to hear the girls at around 9 weeks so it is kind of odd.. Any one else not able to hear the heartbeat until the second trimester or have your babies been heard early like my previous two? I assume this little bub is just hanging out way in the back. My midwife said that if the placenta is at the front it can act as a pillow preventing the doppler from picking up the sound.
I said to DH afterwards, "you must be wrong about twins. If one little bub is hiding this well I seriously doubt there's two of them in there!" He's very adamant there's two though and that they're both hiding. It's so sweet and hilarious how much he wants twins.
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Booked my 20 week scan for the end of June today. All the ultrasound clinics in the area are booking into June/July right now so I'm on the cancellation lists just in case we can't find the baby's heartbeat again next week. If we can't hear him/her and I don't get in for an early ultrasound then it'll be a few more weeks before I'm eligible for an emergency scan at the hospital. Fingers crossed that this lil bean makes an audio appearance next week so I can forget about the early scan and just look forward to seeing him/her in June!

Hope your upcoming scans go well, Ladies! I'm looking forward to hearing what your baby is Shorty, wonder if the boy boom will keep going ;) At your 20 week will you find out Rosie? We never found out with our girls as we preferred the surprise at the end but this time DH is leaning towards finding out..I'm not so sure. Maybe I'll have the tech write it down and hide it in an envelope so if DH really wants to know then he can. That'd drive me nuts though, him knowing and not me..we'll see.
Rosie12

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must be stressful, about the baby's heartbeat, Strwberry. In the UK the standard position is midwives won't even try and listen for the baby's heartbeat until 16 weeks, because it is hit and miss whether they can pick it up and it can cause the mum stress if they can't find it, so it seems fairly common.

I am not going to find out the sex - I have baby clothes of both from DD and DS anyway and it is cool to have the surprise element. Even tho my mum and DH are already convinced its a girl. Actually, I do have some names in mind for a girl (early, I know!) but if its a boy I am going to struggle!
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strawberry, I'm sorry to hear of the stressful time you've been having. Fingers crossed that everything is good!

Rosie...what a great surprise you will have!!

Anybody want to talk about names? I love talking about names. :)
Rosie12

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooh, I love thinking about names, but I am very particular. I need to find a girls name that is unusual, without being pretentious or OTT, but that you can shorten or abbreviate to a more common, plain name, so that if I have a DD she has a choice when she's older. A hard task!

I had my 12 week scan yesterday, baby was fine (fast asleep) and they put me 6 days further on than I thought, so I'm now 12.4 weeks. I like that!
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have our names all lined up..for the most part :) We like very unique but not 'out there', if you know what I mean. We also use very traditional family names for the middle and having it flow nicely is important. We're rather particular.
With DD1, we knew the boy's name but had no idea about a girls name.. we agreed upon her name while driving to the hospital. With DD2, we were set with that boys name and flip flopped between two girls names. After she was born, it was clear which of the two names we were contemplating was hers. Now with this little bun, we're completely set on the girls name but we're tossing around boys names! The one we have loved for the last five years is still a contender; it's the name we keep coming back to but we're exploring the options.

I wonder which of us is going to deliver first, Rosie? You're a day ahead of me now!
We go back to try to listen to the baby's heart again tomorrow; wish me luck!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Strwbrry...hoping all goes well tomorrow and you hear a nice strong heartbeat!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: