HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Third Pregnancy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shorty

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anxiously awaiting the verdict.. Hope all goes well for you!
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No searching required! Lil baby's heart was right there when she put the doppler to my belly. A strong 160 beats per minute :)
Rosie12

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news, Strwbrry. Do you think this one will be early or late for you? My DS and DD were both early (36 and 39 weeks) so I will be really surprised if I get to the 10th! (but it would be a cool date to be born on - 10/11/12).
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news Strwbrry!!! =0) (Happy dancing here for you!)
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still happy dancing too :)
10-11-12 would be a cool birthday! The girls were both 39 wks so I'm expecting the same or maybe a week earlier..I'll be shocked if I go past 39wks. As long as s/he stays in there until 37 I'll be a happy camper! DH is gone away to work now and will be returning at 36wks.
I wonder if Koagirl had her lil boy yet? Hope to see an update somewhere from her soon!
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A few days ago, my belly got the bump!

I felt my girls quite early, I had the butterfly-like flutters at 16 & 14 weeks. As soon as my uterus did the flop outward I've been feeling something.. About half a dozen times over the last few days. Is 13 weeks too early? I thought 14 weeks was extremely early! Am I crazy or am I actually feeling this little one move already? What I'm feeling isn't those butterfly-like flutters..it's more like teeny tiny taps and tugs. It's definitely not gas and I'm pretty sure it is the baby (what else would my uterus be doing? lol) but it's not the same sensation I had with my girls.. Anyone else feel their babies very early? Anyone feel something other than flutters?
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How exciting! Yep, with my DD I only felt a bit here and there until about 22 weeks, as she was my first and I had an anterior placenta, but with my DS, I would saw between 12 and 15 weeks I'd have hours/days where I'd feel what you described...like a tapping or a "knocking" from the inside (helloooo out there! I'm in here!) and it would come and go. There would be days it would be quite a bit and days would go by with nothing...guess it all depends on the position. Enjoy! (soon enough those taps will be the rib-busting kicks and punches!)
Shorty

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, the early flutters i think are the best. You smile your secret little smile because it is just between you and baby!

Defiantly felt #2 & 3 early. Ds1 was not felt till 18 weeks, dd1 was 11 weeks and this one was the same. I also have an anterior placenta, an am not super skinny, but not large either. As my DH says Marilym Munroe curves. It is said the thinner youbare the earlier you will feel the baby. I think it is how in tune you are with your body.

Awesome news.
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear I'm not crazy lol. It's so neat, such a different sensation than what I had with the girls. Just a couple little jabs here and there, it's nice that my little three inch bub is saying hi to me already ;)
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has your fatigue eased up yet, Rosie? I'm feeling relatively energentic in the day time now but as soon as the girls are in bed I tend to fall asleep on the couch!

I've gained a total of 12 lbs so far. I had lost 2lbs at 7 weeks, sprang up 14lbs between 7 and 10 weeks and have stayed at this weight since then. Very odd pattern of weight gain, nothing like my previous pregnancies..I was a pretty consistent 1lb/week from bfp-25weeks and then really started packing on the pounds. Anyone else have a bizarre pattern of weight gain with any of their pregnancies? Up only 12lbs with no weight gain in 6 weeks is so foreign to me, my midwife says it's fine and nothing to be concerned about but it's just weird! My ideal gain for this pregnancy would be 40lbs but my body has always done what it's wanted (+49 & 56).. Fingers crossed that my stretch marks don't re-split again too badly.
Rosie12

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am feeling a lot less tired and a bit less sick now, which is great, tho still lots of issues with food (can't seem to face eating meat, fish, garlic and most veg). Don't weight myself ever, but I know I have lost a bit of weight since the start (someone who didn't know told me the other day I looked like I was shrinking!) Getting a more definite bump now tho, which is great for my stretch marks as it seems to be smoothing them out again!

Got my 16 week MW appointment today,so will hopefully hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time.
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you hear the heartbeat Rosie? How was your appointment? I'm predicting that you're having a girl :) I hope your food aversions cease soon!

Any updates, Shorty? How are you feeling? Almost the third trimester for you! How very exciting :)

Brag post ;) I had a midwife appointment this morning and everything is great! I've had a bit of anemia in my past pregnancies that was controlled with iron supplementation but this time my iron stores and hemoglobin are fantastic - she even said that they're at better levels than what she sees with most first time moms. My bp was 110/68, consistent with what it always has been. My midwife guided my daughters to use the doppler to listen to the baby's heartbeat, a strong 160bpm again. I am beyond excited and relieved with how well this pregnancy has been going. I wasn't expecting any health concerns since my first two were a breeze but you never know...being in slightly better health (no anemia) this time is such a relief. My half-way-there ultrasound is at the end of the month, I can't wait to see the baby!
Shorty

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Strwbrry, thanks for inquiring. I am doing well, 25 weeks gone! Has it gone fast. My last app was perfect, right on for growth and hb. Still I am not gaining much weight, the drs are not concerned (yet). I think total I have put on 6 lbs total. I eat like a horse, grazing all day! Not much for food cravings but for some reason grilled cheese and hamburgers make me go blehh. Lots of kicks and summersaults from baby. Feeling good. Ut starting to get tired again! Last 2 times I never thought about it cause it was the dead of winter, but this time is really annoying cause it's summer and so nice out. Guess I had better start going to bed by 9, lol.

How are you and Rosie doing?
Rosie12

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it is going so well Strwbrry and Shorty. I heard the baby's hear beat (162 so according to the old wives tale definitely a girl) and it is very active now in the evenings (just like my DD was - but hope it is not going to be as awkward with sleep as her when its born!). Got my scan on 26th, time is going so slowly! Still not fancying a lot of foods, but suddenly had a huge desire for jalapeno peppers last night and ate loads with my tea. A bit of a change from the crumpets and crackers I've been living on!

Got a pram from a friend last night, was so excited because its the first thing I've got for this baby. Have you two been doing any shopping yet?
Shorty

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I have most stuff left over from my past 2, I will just need to get some 0-6mo clothes and a baby bath tub and that should be it. I have all the other equipment still.

Even though I was sure we were done for about a year after DD was born, I must have 'known' or suspected I really was not done as I kept most everything from the baby stages.

We are going to wait til this bub is born to get rid of the girl clothes, just in case the ultrasound was 'wrong'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: