HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Checking in

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepper100

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Checking in Reply with quote

Hi all.

Just a quick one to check in with you all. Well, I am finally in my new house and it is nearly all sorted (well as much as I am doing before baby arrives).

I am now 38 weeks so am really counting down now. I am having a home birth hopefully and have my birthing pool all ready. Been for my last midwife appt today and everything is doing as it should.

I am curious. Did any of you predict the gbender of your baby with their heart rate.

I had it checked at 16 and 28 weeks and it was 150-162 but since then it has gone down to 134-148 at 34-36 weeks and even further down to 122-140 today. I don't remember being given the numbers when pg the last twice with ds and dd but my sister is now positive it is a boy because of this. Any ideas.

Hope you are all doing ok.
wyowyome

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear you are all settled in. I know it probably didn't go as quickly for you as it did me, but WOW, I can't believe you are 38 weeks! Yay!

About the heart rate determining gender, it really is only a myth. I've dopplered baby girls at 120 and baby boys at 170- so, although it's fun to guess about it, heart rate is no more accurate than any other predictor method...which usually is correct 50% of the time, lol!

Strong morning sickness, especially hyperemesis, can actually be a positive indicator for a girl baby and research proves this. It is supposedly the only "guessed" predictor worth any weight.

I have a coworker who knows how to spin a string/pencil over a pg belly and so far, she's been 100% accurate with the last 4 babies she's guessed about. Luck? probably (:

I will be watching to see how things are going for you! Good luck! Hoping for a happy home birth experience for you!
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Over 140 is a girl supposedly and under 140 is a boy. My daughters were extremely active every time their hearts were listened to and were typically in the 150-160 range. Perhaps it not the heart rate that is the gender predictor but the level of activity that makes their little hearts beat faster - girlfriends who've carried both genders have told me their boys are overall sleepier in the womb. You'll find out any day now, Pepper! Woohoo! Wishing you a wonderful birth :)
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wyowyome--that is really interesting information! I always wondered about the heart rate thing. I never put much stock in the ms, but good to know!

my DD did have a faster heart rate than the boys. Of course I can't remember now, but isn't it faster at the beginning anyways?

FWIW....my morning sickness got worse with each pregnany and I had girl, boy, boy. I only had nausea though.

enjoy your waterbirth! I hope all goes well
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: