HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

We are now a family of 5!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pepper100

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: We are now a family of 5! Reply with quote

Hi all,

My new baby boy was born on Monday 16 April @ 10.50. He weighed 7lb 4oz.

I was planning on having a home water birth but unfortunately when I went into labour on the Sunday, my waters were pink so I had to get checked at the hospital. My contractions then stopped so they had to start me off artificially in case I had something wrong with the placenta. Obviously this meant I had to stay in. DH was gutted as he had already set up my pool. I couldn't have a hospital water birth either as I was hooked up to a drip and a monitor. Both DD (8) and DS (4) were water births so I was worried about doing it on land :-).

Wasn't in labour too long, about 4 hours and did it with only gas and air. Unfortunately once he was born, the cord detached from the placenta and was stuck inside. I tried for an hour to push it out and then everyone started panicking and i had to sign to go down for a spinal block and a manual retrieval. Then my guardian angel arrived in the form of the most senior midwife. The placenta obviously wasn't as far up as they thought so she did the manual retrieval without the spinal block.

Had to stay in hospital an extra day due to risk of infection but came home yesterday. DD and DS love their baby brother. I will let you know how I get on with 3.

Thanks to everyone on this site for their help. I have been here for 4 years and all of you have helped me during making my own mind up, during the convincing of DH and my 2 miscarriages and pregnancy. He is completely worth waiting for. DH asked if I was complete. I will let him and you know soon.
nata

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pepper, congratulations!!! All the best to your family, enjoy your baby!
Koagirl74

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Pepper! I was just thinking about you and wondering how you were doing. Glad to hear you and baby are both home and doing well. I am due in 3 weeks with my baby boy.
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Pepper!!!
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations, Pepper!!!
My goodness, what an experience. I am so happy to hear that you and your baby boy are doing well at home now. Take care and enjoy that precious little bundle!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! glad to hear that all is well with you and baby
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: