HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Countdown is on...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:57 pm    Post subject: Countdown is on... Reply with quote

Yesterday was Dh's 39th birthday. I turn 37 in 1 week. Hard to believe those 40's are right around the corner! Anyway...Dh has always said that 40 is his "kid cutoff" and that any kids we have must arrive before the day he turns 40. SO...we're not trying, not preventing (though we've been too tired to even "play roulette", but luckily the relationship has improved immensely in the past few weeks now that he's back to work!) and we officially have 3 months before we are to be 110% done. I am numb and it's a good place to be for a change. I've stopped looking at the calendar or paying attention to anything "baby-making related". I honestly feel like I will be happy either way, even though I know I'll have some regrets that we didn't try "harder" for a 3rd at some point down the road. I've posted in the recent past that my body has decided to go on strike and let's just say, the chance of another pregnancy seems very low if not impossible.

I am feeling quite relieved that in 3 months, we'll have an answer, one way or another, and I'll either be able to have a huge garage sale, or start preparing for another new addition. I know I'm leaning toward "hoping" for the latter, but what will be will be...
Wish us luck!
Pepper100

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck. I hope you get the result you want!!!!
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

glad to hear things have improved with DH!
2Princesses

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mommy2-2! Glad to hear you have a good plan! Its nice to leave it to chance I think!

I haven't been on in a while as I'm now back on the "2 and through" side. I had a gyn appt. yesterday and said I was 90% done/10% on the fence and they didn't have any concerns health wise except my weight (I'm a good 30 lbs overweight :-( ). That bummed me out to hear, not like I didn't know but sucks to hear it.

Anyway, we've decided that unless we get some sort of financial windfall, we are done. I think another would just be too stressful as things are now. We're finding it challenging to have a 2 parent working household and its been one thing after another. I think I'd want to stay home if we had a 3rd and its not financially possible right now. So...like you, I guess we're kind of leaving it up to chance since I'm not sure where such a windfall would come from! Like you though, there is a part of me that is hoping for a miracle!

Good luck!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks ladies!
2princesses...hope things go they way they are supposed to go for you =0) Whatever way that may be.
I feel so much more at peace that we're not preventing anything right now, even though we know the chances of conceiving are slim to none. It's almost like we're saying, "Here you go God, nature, universe, fate...here's your shot if it's meant to be...I'm not standing in your way." That way that regret seems to diminish exponentially, as does the stress. =0) (Can you tell that I'm pretty darn sure we're done with 2? I now realize I'm really ok with that, as long as it's not my choice. Especially now as my kids are hitting 5 and 2 1/2 and it's so nice to be able to watch them play instead of always having to keep one upright!)
That said, I'll be hanging around for the next few months to see how everyone is doing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: