HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what week in pregnancy did bub no 3 come???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BABYPINK3

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: what week in pregnancy did bub no 3 come??? Reply with quote

Hi ladies.
Its been a while since Ive posted on here.. think last time I was just 20 weeks!!
anyway I've made it to 38.5wks and am extremley tired of being pregnant!

My other 2 children arrived at 37.5 weeks and we were all expecting this bub to do the same if not earlier.....
My DD1 - breech and went into early labour so emergency C-section
DS1- VBAC ( vaginal birth after c-section)
DD2 - this bub was really hoping for a 2nd VBAC, however due to hospital policy I cannot go past my due date due to uterine rupture risk and they wont induce me.
So really feel like I am on a deadline. no signs of bub coming soon so just wondering did your 3rd bub come earlier or later than the others? any ideas how to bring on labour? what helped you... DH wont do sex ( sigh)
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had my third bub yet but I can offer suggestions of what worked with my first two to get things going! Mine were both born 39w2d.
-DD1, shovelled the driveway three times (snow storm) and had a membrane sweep (if it's successful labor will start within 48 hours)
-DD2, in one evening we had a big turkey dinner, we went 4x4ing, we got home and I took the dogs for a jog (that would've been a sight to see! lol) and then I pinned DH down and had my way with him.. 2am contractions started.

-Evening primrose ripens the cervix, can be used internally at 38 weeks (do it at bedtime with a liner) my midwife recommends this to all clients
-Labor Salad (google it! Watercress, balsamic vinegarette & walnuts are the big helpers)
-Eat as much fresh pineapple as you can stand (worked for a girlfriend!)
- cinnamon stick tea
- mow the lawn (walking, pushing and the vibrations can help!)

Good luck! I hope you're able to have another VBAC.. Wishing you a wonderful delivery! Looking forward to a birth announcement from you soon :)
Pepper100

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone says that each birth is earlier than the last but it has been the opposite for me.

DD was born 3 days early, DS1 was 4 days late and DS2 was born 5 days late. I have never had a membrane sweep as here in the UK it is done when you are a week overdue but I know of people it has worked for.

I tried allsorts, pineapple, sex, spicy food etc but nothing worked. I have noticed something about my babies though. When I was pg with DD, I went for a night out at the theatre and 2 days later she arrived. DS1 was born 2 days after xmas and with my latest little boy, I went to a wedding party on the Saturday and danced the night away, 2 days later he was here. I think my DC are sat in there thinking, wow, they are having a good time and start to think about leaving their cozy home.

I hope things get a move on for you. Do you know what you are having? There are a spate of boys at the moment both on here and in RL.

xx

Last edited by Pepper100 on Thu May 24, 2012 9:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
nata

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

here the 3d pregnancy was the longest:)

DS1: 37 weeks
DS2: 39 weeks

DD: 41 weeks
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD 5 days early
DS 1 day early
DS2 8 days early

walk, walk walk, yoga, "being ready" in my mind. sounds like you are there. I say this b/c I was NOT ready for #2 and then when I finally "let go" started contractions that night. "they" say eating pineapple or eggplant parmesan, never tried that myself. My midwife told me nothing natural will work unless your body has already begun getting ready, also that 3rd babies are always different. Try and relax. I know it's hard!
BABYPINK3

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Ladies... I know my body is ready my Dr has even said she cant understand why I havent had bub yet. I know im not full term, but it really feels like full term to me when my other 2 bubs were born at 37.5.
I've had acupunture with no luck, tried walking and drinking RLT for past 3 weeks. Its funny because with my other 2 pregnancies I wasnt ready at all! First was breech and 2nd he wasnt even engaged or anything- ( but think my hind waters were leaking 3 days prior.)
Its sooo frustrating and I am so sore. I have booked for a C-section in 6 days if nothing happens. I have big babies and im not even sure that if I go past full term whether I will be able to deliver successfully anyway cause baby will prob be huge! last baby had to be vaccumed out anyway. Right now Im so emotional that I just want baby out anyway possible. I dont know what to do ....
a C-section is going to be harder to recover from with a 18 mth old and a 4 yr old at home. Plus I know I feel I will be disappointed I didnt at least try for another VBAC. But not that this should also matter, but there are a few family birthdays coming up and I didnt want baby to "Share" a birthday with anyone because my other 2 children share birthdays with their cousins too and it sucks! Plus my SIL is also due in 2 weeks so good chance they could share a birthday with her bub. Plus also if I have C-section next week baby will be a Taurus. Otherwise if I waited it would be a Gemini and Im an Aries and dont get along with Gemini's at all. ( but yeah this is definately NOT my biggest concern obviously)
Sigh... love your opinions ladies. should I just have a C-section? I'll be 39wks 5 days.[/b]
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As hard as it is, try not to fret about the deadline of the c-section, the birthdate, etc. Try to remove that bit of stress from your mind and your body will probably follow suit!
Have you had your membrane swept? If your doctor is willing perhaps try that, keep up the walking and doing other things suggested..some things just seem to work for some women. Good luck!
wyowyome

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ds #1 born 37wks
ds #2 born 38wks
dd #3 born 39wks

I went a week longer with each baby. The 38week birth was my favorite just because baby's timing was "just right".

With all of them I walked, etc. to make sure I didn't go over my due date.

With the last, I tried castor oil and it worked well! Drank it at 5pm and was checking into L&D by 2AM.

I would not have an elective C-section based on fears of baby's size. If there is medical need for one...then by all means yes....but there is no way I'd go to surgery for an un-required C-section knowing all the potential problems it can cause mom and baby. Your baby will know when it's ready....keep the faith!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hang in there, it could be any moment! I went from 1cm to delivered in less than 5 hours (don't ask how I know that!).
Need some more things to try? Go for 2 whole fresh pineapples (YUM!) and then walk up and down stairs sideways (apparently the "side step up and down" triggers something in the hips to "give"), do some deep gentle squats, and then find someone to shoot off a canon...no kidding!
If you can't find a canon nearby =0) see if there are any fireworks or ground shaking construction. (The canon on an Army base kicked it off for me the day before I was to be induced!)
Also...going to sound corny. Talk to bubs. Tell 'em it's time to come out and join the family on the outside. I told DS, literally, out loud, "Look here is your eviction notice. You're coming out and we can do this our way or the doctor's way, and I'd much prefer our way. Come on kiddo...let's get this party started!" 24 hours later he was here!
Good luck! It's just a reminder as to who is REALLY in charge =0)
StrwbrryMmmy

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2012 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So BabyPink, what week of pregnancy did your third come? :)
Looking forward to an update!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: