HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

morning vs. night

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: morning vs. night Reply with quote

Which wins???
In the morning, I am nearly 100% sure I could handle another child (or more!)...would love one more! Would regret if we didn't! We must do it!

By the afternoon, I'm about 50% sure I could handle another child...I'd be ok. Logistics would be tougher, but we could do it...I think...

By dinnertime/night time I am almost 100% sure I could NOT handle another child...dear God, I can't handle the 2 I have!!! Calgon take me away!

Bath, book, bed, sleep, repeat. LOL
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that we are adding a 3rd through adoption...I go through a similar feeling...but mine is more like this.....I KNOW I can handle another child, even two...LOL....but can I handle another child because I am OLDER????? When my boys were small, I could handle them and have energy to burn...I was hyperthyroid and MUCH younger...PLUS my boys were SUPER DUPER easy kids!!! But,I mean no matter how tired I could get back then...its NOTHING like today. MY DH and I go to church and come back exhausted....and we are only sitting down! LOL

My thought is today that as Moms we can only do what we are ABLE to do at whatever time in life we are in.....I am sure you could handle another child...as I will.....we just have to truly accept who we are, what ages we are, and realize we are not super human and don't need to be "it all" everyday. I can easily see now that my boys are almost 14 and 16..that ALL they really needed was me, even on the days I wasn't well. In the end, you need to do what is right for your family...for me I just want a 3rd, even if that means I am dead tired....cause irregardless, I KNOW someone is missing. Good Luck! :-)
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the difference if you can't handle the two you have or you can't handle the three you have?

;)

Can't Decide...I didn't forget about you. This has been a crazy week with school starting, and my youngest started KINDERGARTEN today!!!!! I'll email you soon. I have some errands to run today, so maybe tonight I can sit down and look at your dh's questions.
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walkbyfaith...hey...no problem....I am just glad we even know someone who went down the adoption road with your experience! :-) Thanks!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Walkbyfaith...
YOU, my friend, are a troublemaker! :D
And it is morning as I write this...so you know what that means!

And it is the first morning I will walk my daughter to a bus stop, kiss her goodbye for the day and watch her fly from the nest for the first time as she leaves for her first, very long full day, of kindergarten. I am NOT ready for this! My poor 2 year old son is going to have to endure tears and slobbery kisses all day from me...moreso than usual!

Aaak...I'll have one hand empty for the majority of the day! YIKES!
Must...fill...hand....NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! LOL
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kindergarten.....oh that was so long ago for me as my boys are teens!!!! :-( So I GOT to have more kids...fast! I did NOT handle that first day well for my oldest either....I DID cry, bad, and made myself SO sick, I sat out in the parking lot with my youngest and that went on most of the WHOLE school year and the next...so much in fact that I KNEW I could no longer send him to our local public school (I HAD planned on sending BOTH my boys to a small Christian school until My DH got laid off from TWO job's) It was two rough years and I developed severe stomach/digestive/intestinal problems....and eventually needed surgery!!!!! My Mom finally took pity on me and I finally...... was ABLE, with my parents help and finally DH got a job, again to send him to that VERY small Christian school, which was a 20-25 minute drive from my house..I drove him to and from...and lived on the road and IN that school happily...volunteering and just hanging out with the teachers doing everything....BOY was that a change for the better, both me and my sons thrived there! THANK GOD! Today, obviously we homeschool for the last 5 years and this too has been WONDERFUL! I think for me, I finally understood WHY I got so sick, sending my boys to a large public school wasn't right for ME and as time would show... wasn't right for them. Deep-down as their Mom, I was sick because I knew this BEFORE they ever went there!!!! :-(

My thoughts about more kids after ONE leaves the nest and this is your feeling truly or if you find yourself super sad about it...you aren't done....period!!! I KNEW I wanted MORE kids, no doubt, but with my health I didn't want to go there....but I can say one thing, now I couldn't say just a few years ago.....after DH and I adopt, we have both agreed if we aren't 100% sure our family is complete...we will adopt again or I, even with my lousy health may ttc another child..or even do both....for real!!!!! Life is short,at 40 years old.....this is the time to either have more kids or spend the rest of my life wishing I had....so for me, I am just going to go for it! I so, wish I felt this way years back... I regret that I didn't do it...but I figure no matter what, I still have time....DH is finally on board about EVERYTHING! Sometimes it just takes TIME to get to the point to BE ABLE to take that leap of faith and JUMP into the unknown.....just know...when things are right you won't be on the FENCE..I stayed there TRULY for TEN YEARS! Thankfully I am OFF!!!! Now, with the decision to adopt, finally for some strange reason I feel like, ANY way to build my family FEELS right and their is no time like the present! That's not to say I am not freaked off at starting over, I SO am...but there is more of a resolve then there has EVER been in my mind, heart and life...yippee!!!! So if I can get there..and I am SLOWER then I think ALL on this site...YOU can too!!!! :-)
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got my sweetie on the bus and she had a great first day at kindergarten, while lil man and I went shopping and on a "date" to Dunkin Donuts. I really enjoyed spending some time just with him...something we have really never done. Makes me wonder if thinking of another kid is selfish...will they miss out on even more "alone" one on one time?
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Glad your daughter enjoyed her first day of school....so nice to hear too how you enjoyed your "date" with your son....I remember those times..though they were so long ago....:-(
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: