HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Third child - not named after parent?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RobynMummy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Third child - not named after parent? Reply with quote

Our first two kids have their Daddy's name as their middle name - Michael for our boy, Michaela for our girl. But for #3, a girl, we're thinking of Mary Rose. Both names are important to us (Mary means wished for child; Rose, because of a touching story surrounding her conception - she's a surprise)

I had run the name Mischa by my DH, but he said - nope. I don't like Michelle. We could give her my name - Robyn - but while I like the name, it doesn't have the touching significance of Rose, for us.

But...will #3 feel left out, for not being named after a parent?

-Robyn
SeattleMama

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking because there's so much significance behind the name, she won't feel left out at all. If anything, the older two may be a bit envious of her!
have2mightwant3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Micah? (pronounced Mi-kah)--it has the same meaning as Michael. I know a couple of girls named Micah and think it's a pretty name.

But Mary Rose is very pretty, and if Rose has a special significance, go with that!
RobynMummy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. That makes me feel better, if we decide to go with Rose.

I like Micah a lot, although it feels more like a boy's name to me. (I know a handful of male Micah's) I had been thinking about Michal (pronounced Mi-ka-el) but DH veteod that one as well.

Thankfully, we still have 3 months to sort this out!

Thanks for your feedback.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: