HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Are you having baby name trouble?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
2kiddosintx

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Are you having baby name trouble? Reply with quote

I am!

I have always known what I would name my daughter and son as far back as middle school...and those are their names of course! Coming up with another name (1 for a boy AND a girl, since we chose to not find out) has been REALLY tough!

Anyone else??
2purpleflowers

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. Having trouble over here, too. I am having my third girl and I had exactly three names picked out-- two girl names and a boy name. Won't be using the boy name and am out of girl names. DH has pretty much decided what he wants, and I like it okay but am not sold on it, yet I can't come up with anything I like better. We'll probably end up using the name DH likes, but the name doesn't feel like "my" baby, KWIM?
janemjr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah we had this problem with no 3. 3 boys - my first boys name was a choice of 2 I'd always liked, and DH hated one of them, so we went with the other. DH came up with a name for no. 2. By no. 3 we'd run out of boys names we could agree on. I literally read out every name in the book that I could stand & as soon as DH said "I quite like that one" I stopped reading & that decided it.
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have a boy named picked out for a 3rd boy, IF I would decide to ttc in the future..so no trouble here. If I had a girl, though...I have a few names I like..DH doesn't really care what we name our kids..he has always left that up to me..though I am sure he would veto a strange one if I came up with it...
rhysjglimmer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had no problem with my thirds boys name, it was going to make everything fall into place. Evan, Luke, and Cullen. Guess what? Of course she is a girl! LOL
We are having a hard time deciding something we both like. It seems my husband cares more about what HER name is rather than what a boy would've been. We think we have finally landed on one, but now the middle name is up in the air!!

Emery Claire
Emery Marie
Emery Rose
Emery Mae
Emery Anna.....
We just don't know what to make the middle name!

Anyway, I get what you mean with it being hard to name the third! :)
2kiddosintx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rhys...I love the name Emery!
onthefence

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my two cents for what's it worth rhys, I love Emery Claire. I have an Emma Claire and she is always getting compliments on her name and we frequently use her middle name because it is just so darn cute together. I've always had a boys name picked out & two girls names so when we found out this was our first boy, I thought it'd be easy. However, my husband decided he wasn't sold on my name (Cole) so we compromised with Coleton (and I'm still calling him Cole for short) and Samuel (the middle name of my choice). Good luck!
rhysjglimmer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you both for the positive feedback!

I keep hearing negative like Emery was meant for a boy. For me so it's like well so was Ashley, Lindsey, and Kelly 100 years ago!!!?? You know?
Plus, most men I think spell it Emory. We love it, so it's good to hear some other people say they like it. I mean really how far is it from Emily? Not very!

We do love Emery Claire. It's going to be a tough decision!!
indecisive mom of 2

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No! I have names picked and ready to go, that's one of the harder things about not actually having the third child!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: