HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2ww anyone?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maybe3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: 2ww anyone?! Reply with quote

Is anyone else in the 2ww yet? I could use some company! I am not quite sure where I am in my cycle. I have been on vacation for the past two weeks and haven't been taking my temp, etc. I knew I would regret not bringing my thermometer with me! I think I am probably around 8 or 9 dpo. AF is likely due sometime on sun/mon/tues, so I am going to TRY to wait until wed to test. Last month I waited and I was glad I did. For some reason, I feel worse when I test and then get AF shortly after. It's so hard to resist the temptation though!
indecisive mom of 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in the 2ww as well, and I am just so tired of it! It was a very strange cycle, my ultrasound showed good follicles, and my progesterone test a week later indicated ovulation, but I never got a positive OPK so am not sure when I ovulated. My darkest comparison line was on the Friday that my husband got back from being out of town all week. We were really "busy" over that weekend, but I am worried that I actually ovulated before he got home. I took an HPT on Monday at what I guess was 9-10 dpo based on my darkest line, and it was a BFN. My bbs are sore, feels just like PMS. Today is CD 25, so I just have no choice but to wait. Obviously not my strength!
thebigquestion

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indecisive - you are at the point I was at. I know how you feel, frustrated, ready to quit. It will happen and when it does you will be so happy!!!! As hard as it is, believe me I know after a year also, just have faith.........I just know it is going to happen for you and I am going to be so happy when you finally say - I AM PREGNANT!!!!
indecisive mom of 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, big question! I'm glad to hear everything is going well with you and the spotting was not a big deal after all.

maybe3, any news yet?
maybe3

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No news yet. I am still holding off on taking a test, as difficult as it is! I am on cd28 now, but I am not sure about my cycle this month. I was away on vacation for 2.5 weeks and didn't chart and I think I may have O'd later than usual because of all the travel, time change, lack of sleep, etc. I actually feel like I might be pg (bloated, feeling a little sick, waking up hungry in the early am, dropping things, tired - all symptoms I have had with past pregnancies), but I had some of those symptoms a few cycles ago and AF arrived on cd 29 (3 days later than expected, but we weren't trying that month, so at least I didn't feel bad about it at the time). I am thinking the same thing might happen this time. I am probably going to break down and test tomorrow after work. My cycles have ranged from 25-31 days over the past few months, so I don't know if testing on cd 29 will be too early or if it is late. I am still kicking myself for not charting this month. When I decided not to, I kind of thought I would wish that I had, but I didn't want to be thinking about it all the time while on vacation. I am really not liking the 2ww right now!!!

Keep us posted on how things are going for you. Do you know when you are going to test again?
indecisive mom of 2

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe3, sounds promising. I am all kinds of crampy this morning and feel like AF may arrive today. I am only on cd 26, so I am trying to wait until after the weekend to test, testing earlier this week was really ridiculous, I just always hear about these people who get early BFPs and thought it would have been nice. Since I am having AF symptoms, I'm trying to prepare myself for the inevitable disappointment. I'm seriously thinking we might not try next month, it's been a year of this and I just need a break.
maybe3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indecisive - I completely understand how you feel. DH and I have really only been trying for two cycles now and I am already frustrated. Getting pg seems like such a simple concept, but making it happen is so complicated. Sometimes it is hard to know when to time it, sometimes you know when to time it, but the timing isn't good (i.e. DH away, too tired, too busy, etc.) and sometimes you time it right and it still doesn't happen (this happened to us last month)!

My latest news is that I broke down and tested last night before bed and got a VERY faint, barely discernible line. It was barely there. So much so that DH couldn't even see it and then when he did, he said it just looked like the imprint of the line showing through on the paper. I still kind of got my hopes up and then this am I took another test with fmu and it was BFN. Now I am totally confused!!! I don't know whether the first test was defective or whether I may have been just barely pg and am about to m/c because my hormone levels aren't high enough. Still no sign of AF, though, but that is not a surprise because I don't even know for sure if I am late yet. Since the test this am was clearly a BFN, I don't know that I will test again for several days. It will just freak me out if I keep getting BFN's and still have no sign of AF.

Being on CD26 seems like a good sign for you - how long are your cycles usually?
thebigquestion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe 3 I bet you are pregnant!!! That is what happened to me, I got a so faint line that you could barely tell, then the nezt day took a digital test that says preg not preg and it said not preg. Then the day after got a BFP! I was also confused, but you know what they say a line is a line. I bet you are pregnant, keep us updated!!!!!

I have a sonagram tomorrow morn, cant wait to make sure everything is ok.
indecisive mom of 2

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got AF last night. I'm going to leave the forum for a bit and get my head together.

Best of luck to both of you, and thanks for all of your support!!!
jaime28

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe 3 - KEEP US in the loop on this one.....
Indecisive - I am sorry the old witch got you. And I am sorry if you feel like you need to take a break for the board, but totally understand why! Know that we're all here for you, and if want to chat/vent or whatever we'll all listen. Best of luck.
j.
maybe3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indecisive - sorry your 2ww didn't come to a happier ending. I understand why you would want to take a break from the forum for a while. Hopefully, you will be back soon - we will miss your contributions! Take care.
maybe3

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebigquestion: you were right, I was pg. Unfortunately, it was rather short lived. I am now in the process of having a miscarriage. This is my second one in a row. The first one was almost a year ago, though. I think I might have to go see my Dr before we try again because there is a good chance something is wrong. Anyway, that concludes my 2ww!

Please post a new post to let us know how the sonogram went.
thebigquestion

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am so sorry for both of you. Maybe3, I thought you were Pg but I am so sorry it did not last. I would get checked out, it does seem to be that something may be wrong. my prayers are with you.

Indecisive, do not give up! It will happen. I know you are frustrated, but it will happen. My friend had to do clomid a about 4 months before it happened and she is not PG! As frustrating as it is, it will work out.........prayers with you too.

I am doing good so far. about 15 weeks. Tired as all get out, but doing ok. Scared to have 3 and start all over.....Mixed emotions all over, happy, scared excited........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: