HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Want to lose weight???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thinkingof3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:12 pm    Post subject: Want to lose weight??? Reply with quote

This is my favorite topic and I know I"ve asked you guys your secrets. I finally found a secret and am spreading the word :)

I started taking these shakes (they are called shakes by Vi). They are nutritionally sound (matter of fact I know people taking them just for the vitamins/minerals that aren't even trying to lose weight!.

They are less than $2 a meal. Seriously that's the cost of a diet coke in some places lol. The thing I like best is that I kind of feel that I am saving money since my foodshopping list went way down since I'm having a shake for breakfast and dinner.

Lastly they are YUMMY! Ever taste cake batter? There ya go! Same difference! YUM!

Watch this video and let me know if you need more info :) http://jnbeitler.myvi.net/
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey..good to see a thread on health! So thanks! For me, I can't drink/eat anything with vitamins as most everything I am too sensitive too! So wish I could..good luck on your health goals....
thinkingof3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is too bad. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!!! More energy than I've had in years and they are so good!
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey the product does sound delicious though...cake batter sounds incredibly tasty! :-)

I so wish you luck on your health goals...and its so amazing how something we fall into can be so life changing....having tons of energy is such a great thing! :-)

My big thing I found that works for me, far as my goals is Pilates...my figure is amazing as long as I do that type of exercising.....totally leans me out and makes me look like a dancer....and I can honestly say it really works.....

Hats off to all of the things that make us feel and look great as I am all for that! Good Luck!
thinkingof3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's funny. I've been very discouraged with that God awful thing the scale. It seems whenever I lift weights, I just don't lose weight. Yes, I know muscle weighs more than fat and all that good stuff, but it pisses me off to no end! So, I finally decided that along with my running, I was going to start pilates. I only do it right now once a week, but I LOVE IT! I'm finding time in my schedule to do it one more day. How many days do you do it?
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My old exercise schedule was as follows....2-3 days I lifted weights, 5 days a week I did cardio...while I looked ok...I really didn't think my figure was feminine enough. I was more ripped looking, then girly! But I was happy still because I went from a size 14/15 to a size 7/8!

Then I began Pilates and did it 3 days a week for literally only 2-3 months and oh my gosh...I dropped to a very lean and really feminine looking size 3! I was in shock because I had NEVER been that small.

Today my exercise schedule is a bit different...I do primarily my Pilates 3 times a week and some exercise in my larger home gym, but my primary cardio exercise is my bicycle..I do around 2-3 days a week/2-3 hours or more each time and around 100-200 miles a month on every trail I can find. It doesn't even seem like exercise because I do it all year around and its really fun to see different areas...plus my whole family goes and when my boys need a break, DH and I go by ourselves which gives us the opportunity to really work out hard. :-)

At almost 39 in 10 days I am content with the fact I still am in my size 3 clothes, content that I look way younger then I actually am....:-) and my weight is good at 113-114 pounds....I really feel that with any kind of cardio plus Pilates truly is a miracle worker in making a girl truly look like a girl. I can't tell you how many compliments I get as long as I do my Pilates. I always say its makes the hip bones defined and the legs look longer and rearranges HOW the weight is on the body no matter how someone is shaped...I just LOVE, LOVE love it..plus the added benefit is the flexibility it gives me....unbelievable. I really can not say enough about it, except I will be a Pilates girl for LIFE! So keep doing it and I can honestly say you will see amazing results!!!! And the wonderful thing, is as a teen, I grew up always around a size 9-12...so to be the size I am...I owe a LOT of it to Pilates, I really do!

PS...don't be discouraged with the scale...I have SO been there...just stay focused. I no longer lift weights often but only lift light ones from time to time....weight lifting just made me looks too bulky to be honest...and as much as I still looked good, I wasn't happy, I think the first step to fitness is deciding HOW you want to look and then designing a fitness schedule that is realistic, afterall we are Mom's. But we don't have to look like one, do we? :) LOL Good Luck!
thinkingof3

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you about the weights. I have very thick legs and while they aren't all muscle, they are very muscular so I swear lifting makes them huge. I want to try to step up my pilates to 2-3 times a week at best. And run 3 times a week too. We'll see.

My business is out of control good right now. I'm telling you. Its a GREAT at home company!
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to work from home...I work a few nights a week at a department store and love it like no other, but still....to make money at home would be great! :-)

For me, I have thin legs, thin arms...am what I would call a petite, thin, lanky type gal..not paper thin, but a shapely thin...but when I lifted my legs never got really thick, but my arms did, the rest of me began to look like a body builder. I began to get that shape....and I am NOT built if you will to LOOK like that...so I always wonder HAD I been more muscular to begin with....how I would look then! Yikes! Why I love Pilates...it will be interesting to see HOW you do!!! Good Luck and have fun!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: