HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WTF is wrong with me???
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thinkingof3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: WTF is wrong with me??? Reply with quote

So this weekend we went to my sister in law's beach house. It was the first time in a very long that I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my time at the beach!!!! My kids had a blast and were so good and easy at the beach. The 7 year old and 3 year old had a great time going deep into the water with one of us, and then my 5 year old would stay closer to the beach which was fine. They built sandcastles together, we played football and it was just FUN! The first day we didn't have to go back for anyone's nap as no one ever got cranky. We over did it though with a late evening and the next day the 3 year old desperately needed a nap. SHe never got cranky on the beach but we decided I'd go back while she napped. It was totally fine with me and not like a hassle because we didn't have to nap her the day before.

The point is that it was a nice weekend. Yet, I found myself on my 2 hour drive home wondering about a fourth. My hubby said no instantly as soon as I even brought it up. I know that he's totally against it. Yet, I just keep getting these feelings that I want ONE more!
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to my world!! <<BIG HUGS>> Actually, we just did our budget for the fall (lots of activities for both me and the kids), and I am fairly sure that one more would be a big stretch for us. But I still wish dd3 had a little playmate. :(
thinkingof3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it would be a huge financial stretch for us, and bottom line is that we just really do appreciate being at this next stage of our life....but I keep thinking that damn "what if" ....
2blue1pink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's always on my mind too.

You're not alone.
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Summer, the holidays always bring the idea of MORE kids up for me too! Not that its not on my mind the rest of the time. LOL But I do think more of it while we are out having fun...its like someone is missing this time with us, why didn't I just have one more!!!!! For me, its really just an endless, bottomless pit of thoughts that I can't escape from. I feel like someday my boys will be grown and all I will have is my memories of them as young children...I feel like I am not ready to say NEVER yet for us nothing has worked out and ttc that next is like telling me to go back and live as if I was in the 1900's. My life has moved on, I have moved on...but my brain stays right where its at and so do those thoughts. While my DH would be on board for 2 or even 3 more kids on top of the 2 we have....I am still not where he is at. He wants to try to adopt a sibling pair, I would rather stick with one child at a time...LOL So you know, you are not alone in your thinking.....just hope for you that you don't stay there for as long as me....:-0 Ten years is a LONG time to be in the same spot...let me tell you, but long ago I pulled up a chair and got comfortable as I could be here for awhile....:-/
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear ya about the holidays...except I'm still in that "tough" stage...where I have to chase around a 1 1/2 year old constantly. I keep thinking, at the beach or park or wherever, that in just another 1 1/2 years, he will listen better, follow directions better, know not to launch himself off the "open" side of the playground equipment onto the ground 6 feet away or run into the ocean or pool unattended...so EASY will things be when my DD is 6 and DS is 3. (Ok, probably not "easy" but maybe "easier???")
Then I think, "But wouldn't it be even MORE fun and love if there was ANOTHER ONE?" I have a full on argument..."but more naps, more kids to attend to and watch, more food to make, more things to buy, less sleep, who would go with who on the boardwalk rides?, etc."

It all comes back to the fact, that now, when I look at our family portrait, I do truly feel like there is one little child missing...4 just seems too...neat and tidy? a perfect square? I find myself wanting a circle...to break out and "embrace the chaos"...and yes, I feel it more when we're "playing" on holidays and "vacations" than when I'm trying to break up fights while making dinner and doing laundry!

Just wanted to let you know...different number of kids, same thoughts...you're not alone.
melicovas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh girll.. LOL.. are you in my brain!? Like you I have 3 and the youngest is 3 yr old. FINALLY we have some stability, fewer naps, no diaper bags. And we are having the DH's "V" reversed so we can try for a 4th..

I, too, ask myself WTF is wrong w/ me. But I cant shake that urge and I'm 36!!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are scaring me! LOL I keep thinking, if I finally give into the urge and have a 3rd, then SURELY I'd at least get rid of this gnawing feeling! I can relate to you guys WAY too much and now I fear I might never get that "done" feeling, so I might as well stop where I'm at!
melicovas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen to that mommy2-2! That never ending "am I done yet" feeling. How old are you, do you mind my asking? I think if we are blessed enough to get pregs after the VR, 4 will have to be it for me because of my age. But that doesnt mean I will not have that "I want another.." yearning for who knows how long...
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm 36 and Dh doesn't get back to the US for good until late Oct. so any potential babies wouldn't arrive until I was at least 37. I am honestly in disbelief with myself. I never thought I wanted ANY kids...let alone more than 2! After having my first, they seem to be like "crack" to me...ya know...you know it will make you crazy, but you just can't help yourself! LOL (ok, I've never actually done crack or other drugs, but I can only imagine!)
melicovas

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah if I do get pregnant I will be at LEAST 37 1/2 when kid is born.. And that is if I get pregnant right after the VR is done. Around Sep- Oct. So I am with ya. I understand exactly what you are feeling. How long after Oct will you hubby be gone?
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's actually been gone 9 months now, so he'll be home for good at the end of October (or at least until they decide to deploy him somewhere else)
thinkingof3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am over this post LOL! I am totally 100% done. Like ready to get my DH snipped, done!
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="thinkingof3"]I am over this post LOL! I am totally 100% done. Like ready to get my DH snipped, done![/quote]

Rough day with the kiddies, huh? ;)

LOL!
melicovas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thinkingof 3.. all I can is .. FAMOUS LAST WORDS ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: