HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am still here...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nata

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:31 pm    Post subject: I am still here... Reply with quote

meaning I am still around without the baby..39 weeks now. Have completely no signs that the labour will start soon. No Braxstons, no pain, nothing...I even sleep good at night. Did you ladies have any "signs" the day before your labour started? Just curious...

My DS2 managed to get a bad cold (yes, in July..), had fever this evening, gave him paracetamol now before bringing him to bed..I hope the labour dose not start this night, just teh idea of bringing the sich child somewhere else makes me unhappy. .I am actually a bit nostalgic about my 1st pregnancy, the only worry was then how it will all go, the delivery etc...now I am just praying that I dont' deliver at night, because I hate bringing the kids somewhere during the night...my parents are 2000 km away, parents in law - 3,5 hours driving..My best friend left for 3 weeks vacation today, so I can't bring the kids to her....I have two more people who agreed to take care of the kids if everything happens during the night, but I just can't imagine calling them like in the middle of the night and saying I am bringing my two boys NOW...ALmost feel like I will take the children to the hospital and let DH entertain them somewhere in the playroom while I am busy delivering....
kkimbrell

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the early labor signs off and on for a few weeks b/f my third, but only the day b/f with the other two. My midwife told me 3rd babies can be different like that--that often women are dilating the whole month b/f and then go from 3 to complete very quickly (that was the case for me too). I do believe the connection b/t your mind and body is strong too. If you are nervous about going into labor now, you probably won't yet. Once you are comfortable and can feel confident, you will probably start contractions...this has always been the case for me at least too. With my 3rd, I really really didn't want to start labor at night and be up all night esp. with logistics of 2 others to find care for. Fortunately, I started contractions at noon, and baby was out by 7pm. Hope all goes well for you, not much longer! Enjoy the rest you are getting.
wyowyome

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to post a few days ago but my computer wasn't behaving! Do you have baby yet???!!!

So glad all is still going well for you.

Do you have a friend who could come to YOUR house if you go into labor in the middle of the night?

When I had my 2nd, my friend left her kiddos at home with her DH and came to my house where I already had a bed waiting for her. She went to sleep and was there for my oldest when he awoke. He already knew if she was there that meant I was getting ready to bring him a baby!

It was such a relief knowing my oldest was comfy at home in his own bed so I could concentrate on L&D- and my friend really was more than happy to do that for us.

Good luck! Keep in touch! Thinking of you this week (:
walkbyfaith

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking of you, too! Fingers crossed!!
nata

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks, girls, for your support,
I am still without the baby
today DS1 is down with a terrible flu - fever, muscle pain, headache..HE had such a headache that he was crying, it all started very suddenly...had to take him to our GP - was afraid he had meningitis or something like this...I hope now that the baby "waits" for a day or two so that everyone here gets a littel bit better..I also hope I don't catch the same virus the boys have.
wyowyome

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well... damn the luck! Hopefully you will all be through with it when bb comes!

Maybe you won't catch it d/t your exposure prior in the medical field?! Better yet- maybe you already have immunites to it and are sharing them w/ the baby right now (:

Keep your chin up- it will all work out as it is meant to! Prayers that you all get and stay well to welcome your little girl!
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Praying for you here too....being sick is not fun, I came down with a mild sinus infection days from delivery...in the end I was able to fight it off enough and get over it BEFORE I was ready to go in for my c-section. The idea of being stuffed up and in surgery where I would feel like I already couldn't breathe with my lungs feeling numb wouldn't have been any fun! LOL

Here's hoping for a healthy family/Mom and a brand new baby soon! God Bless!
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoping everyone is healthy soon! The last thing you need is to start this new adventure with little wind in your sails! So...everyone, load up on Vit C and Zinc and get some sleep, and hopefully you'll all be welcoming another happy healthy little on into the world!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: