HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index HavingThreeKids.com
A site for moms who have three, want three, or fear three

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Darn Daytime TV!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Darn Daytime TV! Reply with quote

I think channels like TLC and OWN should be blocked from any "fence riders" like myself. My kids are both napping at the same time! (UNHEARD OF!) So, what do I do? Laundry? Scrub the floor? Nope! Get comfy for 1/2 hour of R&R in front of the TV with a couple yummy oranges and watch a show.
Earlier today I almost had myself convinced that we are good with our 2, that we need to move to our next chapter, etc. (Dh is coming home for leave tomorrow for 2 weeks and we're going to talk about our plans for after he comes home for good). Of course, I turn on the TV and what's on??? Make Room for Multiples, Baby Story, Baby's First Day. I see those teeny fingers and toes, those little blinky eyes, I can almost smell their little heads, and my ovaries begin to scream and my uterus does the Tango!
Ok, PLEASE keep reminding me ladies...NO DAYTIME TV while Dh is within 2000 miles of home! =0)
mommy2-2

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never mind! The magic hours between 5pm and 8:30pm were enough to shake me back into reality! If you've never done those "crazy hours" alone with at least 2 kids, ages 4 and under, without even someone to wrangle a wet rat after a bath, for a year straight or more...you ought to try it...it's pretty good birth control! (Then again, not having a spouse or BF around for that long is ALSO good birth control! LOL)
CAN'TDECIDE!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh... I hear you about those kind of shows! For YEARS I was obsessed with the Baby Story and I agree it didn't help my on the fence attitude either. And with my health as it is, even worse for someone like me because truly I KNEW I couldn't "act" on my desire for that next but oh my...IF I was in perfect shape with my health....I likely would have kept getting pregnant a few more times because those shows make it easy to WANT TO! LOL

I eventually decided NOT to watch them, but once in a great, great while I will catch a few seconds of it while I flip to another channel and like some kind of addiction I SO want to watch them. But at least now, I CAN watch a bit and not feel the pull as I ONCE had felt...its still there...but like any hormonal woman, I still find myself emotional watching them at certain times of the month. LOL

PS. Be happy your DH IS away, my DH was always home, so God help him HAD I acted! Poor guy!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HavingThreeKids.com Forum Index -> Having Three Kids All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: